Ship Operator – Tanker
Thenamaris Inc. is recruiting a Ship Operator - Tanker, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Thenamaris (Ships Management) Inc. is a global ship manager of high specification modern ocean-going vessels and provides its services as agents only.
The fleet under management currently comprises 72 vessels: oil tankers carrying crude oil and oil products such as gasoline and diesel oil; bulk carriers which transport dry bulk cargoes such as grain, coal and iron ore; and containerships.
Thenamaris LNG Inc. manages three 160,000 cbm LNG carriers and one 38,000 cbm LPG carrier.
We operate, maintain, crew and trade our principals’ vessels worldwide, in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
We ensure consistently high standards throughout our integrated ship management services, covering the commercial, technical, safety and quality, and crewing aspects of managing a diversified portfolio of vessels.
- Thenamaris invites high caliber professionals with the requested qualifications, to apply for the position of Ship Operator - Tanker.
The Ship Operator is accountable for controlling the performance of the assigned Tanker vessels. You will be part of a dynamic Operations team and your primary responsibility will be to ensure that all needs of the customer are adequately addressed through optimal coordination of the vessel’s itinerary and well planned, executed and controlled ship operations. The individual is expected to have the capacity to respond to the needs of the crew on all significant decision making stages and to efficiently manage any issue arising throughout the charter party execution that may have an impact on either contractual or commercial performance. The Ship Operator reports to the Deputy Operations Manager and while availing the capacity to work independently, team work and eagerness to share knowledge are considered important ingredients of our continuous effort to optimize our operations.
- Previous working experience of minimum 3 years in the OperationsDepartment of a ships management company, managing Tanker vessels.
- Sea going experience, ideally up to the rank of Master.
- Additional academic accreditations such as postgraduate studies in the areas of Shipping, Law, Management, Economics would be considered a strong asset.
- Fluency in English at an oral and written level.
- PC literacy particularly in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively both with the crew and the office.
- Permanent contract.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.