Faros is recruiting a Shelter Teacher, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Faros is a Christian organization that since 2014 has been providing care and humanitarian support to refugee children and families in Athens, Greece.
We are passionate about protecting refugee children and helping them achieve their potential.
- Faros is looking for a Shelter Teacher with permission to teach in Greece with a recognised qualification.
- Reports to Day-center team leader.
- Demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of children in the school and community.
- Primary teachers with experience teaching an adapted curriculum, catch-up classes, non-formal education or basic literacy and numeracy to refugee and migrant children.
- Experience teaching children for whom Greek is a second language.
- Experience teaching refugee or migrant children, or other minority groups.
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of teaching, including classroom management, positive discipline, active learning and inclusive education.
- Experience adapting teaching and learning material to the needs of students, particularly children with limited language or literacy.
- The ability to engage children of different ages and abilities with innovative activities and teaching methods.
- Knowledge of the national Greek education system.
- Strong understanding of the current context for refugees and migrants in Greece.
- Strong organizational skills, with experience of administration.
- Strong verbal and written English skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Self-starter/able to use own initiative.
- Team player.
- Looking for the best in people and is good at empowering others.
- High level of flexibility.
- Looking for solutions and has the ability to keep calm in stressful situations.
- Relates warmly to people.
- Awareness of own limitations and when to seek help.
- Proactive and enthusiastic.
- Length of employment Until 31.12.2017 with possibility of extension depending on funding.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Send your Documentation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “teacher” in the subject line.