Senior Windows System Engineer
Alfa Beta Vassilopoulos Group is recruiting a
Senior Windows System Engineer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Alfa Beta Vassilopoulos is a member of Ahold Delhaize Group that operates a network of 21 companies in 3 continents (11 countries), 375 000 employees and is trusted by more than 50 million customers on a weekly basis.
Alfa Beta is one of the largest retail chain with 296 Super Markets, 16 Cash & Carry, 138 franchise stores and over 14 000 employees.
- The Senior Windows System Engineer will act as a technical coordinator for Windows Platform Services (WPS) and a contact point to other teams residing in the different EU countries where Ahold Delhaize Group operates. He/She will be responsible to optimize the infrastructure/processes to further enhance the availability of the service by means of creating standard procedures and techniques like scripting/automation, participate in workshops & projects, following the guidelines of change Management and incident management.
- Provides day to day functional support, application administration & troubleshooting (L3) for all European Operating Companies in scope. Coordinates and executes rack & stack activities of hardware from Windows Platform team/Storage/Networking team in the Greek Datarooms.
- Reviews and identifies possibilities to optimize system stability and performance.
- Assesses and advises on new technologies to be implemented and revises & improves on reference architectures used.
- Proactively communicates, streamlines processes and facilitates projects both as a stakeholder or trusted advisor.
- Ensures compliance of IT policies and baselines.
- Leads and coordinates technical projects and solution implementation, in close collaboration with other IT teams and supervises the work assigned to external resources.
- Graduate Degree in Information Technology or proof equivalency through experience. Master’s Degree in information technology or relevant field will be considered an asset.
- At least 5 years prior experience in administration of Windows based Servers and Client OS. Proven experience in Active Directory configuration/management, VMWare/ESX management/configuration/setup and in Agile/Devops/Iac methodologies/tools/software for infrastructure teams/processes.
- Excellent conceptual knowledge of the following technologies: proxy servers, reverse proxy servers, firewall, load balancers, routers, switches, SAN, NAS, Scripting tools, TCP/IP, VLAN.
- Excellent command of the English language both written & spoken.
- Proven problem-solving skills, identifying solutions and following innovative approaches.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances & multicultural environment.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizing skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills, including teamwork and cooperation.
- The company offers a competitive remuneration package and excellent career prospects.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.