Senior Technical Operations Engineer
ZuluTrade is recruiting a Senior Technical Operations Engineer,
to be based in Piraeus, Greece.
- ZuluTrade is the company which democratized trading, by providing the opportunity to investors world-wide to benefit from the trading expertise of others through its proprietary innovative platform. Innovation, customer-focus, ownership and collaboration consistently drive our thirst for excellence and make us a leader in the field for 11 years.
- We are looking for a highly responsible, focused, solutions-oriented Senior Technical Operations Engineer to join a premier team of engineers and operate on world class enterprise systems. Leadership and team-work are must-have characteristics that will enable you to collaborate well with the rest of the team as well as Project leads.
Your role will be vital for the success and growth of ZuluTrade platform as you will eventually become responsible for the sound operation and maintenance of the most mission critical components of the platform.
- Starting off, you will be trained on how the platform works from the inside out and you will be required to join the dots between the functionality delivered to the end user, the various sub-systems and the technical workflows. You will gradually undertake the entire range of Technical Operations responsibilities, which include the following:
- Own the Operations process (i.e. deployment, monitoring and reporting).
- Manage the monitoring of application logs, performance and the health indicators of backend servers, using existing tools or recommending new; analyze and solve problems, increasing efficiency and operational excellence.
- Lead by example, implementing best practices, creating or improving processes, liaising with other departments and service internal and external clients.
- Monitor and execute daily and off market operations to ensure fluent operation of the systems performance and to avoid any system downtimes.
- Document and oversee documentation regarding existing/ new processes or new features.
- At least 5 years of experience in Technical Operations.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in IT.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, as well as high attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and perform effectively under pressure.
- Positive, can-do attitude, strong leadership skills and collaboration.
- Strong communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Availability to be on-call out of office hours.
- Available for long-term commitment.
The highest you rank on the following areas, the better.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and relational databases concepts, preferably MySQL.
- Experience with Java Technologies and tools (JMS, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, etc) - preferably some programming experience.
- Experience working on large, distributed, performance-critical systems.
- Knowledge of DevOps best practices, load balancing concepts, etc.
- Experience with automation tools and scripting languages (Ansible, Bash, Perl, Python, etc) and containers/orchestrators (LXD / Docker / Kubernetes).
- Experience using and managing public cloud infrastructures such as AWS and Azure.
- Be able to find your way under Linux / Windows Server, web & applications servers (Apache tomcat, IIS).
- Competitive salary, directly dependent on candidate's profile and experience.
- Company health insurance.
- Potential of participating in the Employee Stock Option package.
- Remarkable working space at central location of Piraeus including facilities.
- Friendly environment comprising young, enthusiastic, multi-national staff.
- Flexible working hours.
- Opportunities for professional learning and growth (workshops/ conferences, technology books, engineering meetings etc).
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.