Senior Software Engineer
Epignosis is recruiting a Senior Software Engineer,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Epignosis is a leading technology vendor specializing in eLearning solutions. Trusted by thousands of organizations worldwide, Epignosis builds training software to help companies of all sizes deliver online training easier and at a reasonable price.
We are a growing, profitable tech firm with offices in San Francisco, London, Athens, Lefkosia and Heraklion. Our product portfolio includes TalentLMS, a popular cloud based LMS for companies of all sizes, eFront, a cutting-edge enterprise grade LMS, and TalentCards, a mobile microlearning solution. We strive to balance usability, simplicity and fit-to-purpose solutions, paired with robustness and strong potential. We firmly believe that great companies are built on empathy, integrity, diversity & simplicity.
- As a member of our development team, you’ll work on an advanced PHP codebase, helping us further expand our industry-leading eLearning platforms and build new innovative online training solutions.
Join us and become part of a vibrant, focused and technically minded team, responsible for developing and supporting high traffic and high-performance eLearning web services and applications.
- Software Engineering: You will be trusted to design, implement, and maintain projects and to collaborate with our designers, front-end ninjas, reclusive sysadmins and friendly support staff at every step of the process.
- Craftsmanship: You should be familiar with modern software development processes, best practices, and fads to avoid and be able to apply this knowledge to create efficient, robust, and maintainable applications and services.
- Refactoring: You will use your programming savvy to help us transform legacy code and services into modern, best-practices-following, API-based applications, and help us apply bleeding-edge architectures and processes.
- Requirements Gathering: You will be expected to understand the business aspects of the applications you work on and help translate user requirements to technical specifications.
- Mentorship: As a senior Engineer, you’ll mentor junior apprentices to help steer them clear of the dark side of coding. You will be expected to teach and learn from others and share your knowledge with the rest of the team.
- Senior pass: You need to have at least 5 years of proven professional experience as a Software Engineer, preferably on enterprise-grade products, and several success and horror stories to tell (preferably more of the former). We also ask of a university degree in Informatics.
- Code Jedi Knighthood: You should have very high standards in terms of code quality, reusability, testability and maintainability, as well as solid OOP knowledge. Like a Jedi, you should quickly understand what needs to be done, and when ― and be able to do it effectively. Bonus points if you know Yoda Conditions (or why 1 == $var is better than $var == 1).
- Need for speed: You should feel comfortable designing and implementing high-performance applications (whether RESTful or restless), and know how to profile, refactor, and improve slow code.
- Unabashed by BASH: You should have a good working knowledge of the Linux command line, GitHub, open source tools, and the PHP standard library and ecosystem. Bonus points if you know a certain “composer” that doesn’t have anything to do with music.
- Relationship status: You should have a committed relationship to SQL and relational concepts, know how to avoid common performance and security pitfalls, and be able to relate to Mysql and MariaDB databases. Bonus points if you know what normal forms are and when it’s best to ignore them.
- Competitive compensation packages.
- Private health insurance plan.
- Ticket restaurant benefits.
- Gorgeous office space.
- Professional and personal development.
- A vibrant working environment full of creative individuals.
- Work/life balance ― i.e., we go big AND we go home.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.