Senior Software Engineer – Backend
Blueground is recruiting a Senior Software Engineer - Backend,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Blueground was founded in April 2013 in Athens, Greece, as a result of our CEO and co-founder's experience as a business consultant and traveler. Currently active in nine markets across the globe - including six cities in the US - Blueground seeks to solve a lot of the hassles Alex experienced first-hand, as both a frequent business traveler and expat. Chief among them: how we can give people a place that feels like home and help them start living from day one.
- We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in Athens and work on our robust internal platform and tools.
We are a tech enabled company currently making substantial investments in our technology to enable our next stage of high growth. The person in this role will work on our internal tools on a modern JVM stack, using solid engineering practices and challenging requirements.
- Architect, design and build our internal platform and tools.
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies.
- Code pages, services and APIs in Java (soon in Kotlin too ^^).
- Write your unit tests.
- Write your e2e tests (functional & performance).
- Automate stuff. Like a lot.
- Be religious with Git.
- Depend on a CI pipeline.
- Experiment, learn and have fun.
What to expect
- To work in agile, cross functional, DevOps enabled teams.
- To work with a product manager and an engineer in test.
- To work on functional and non functional testing.
- To work on performance.
- To get your head around a quite big problem domain.
- To solve hard problems.
- To enjoy some quality engineering.
- A rapidly growing company.
- Opportunities to do full stack or go polyglot if interested.
- Cool colleagues.
- Industry experience in software development.
- Strong CS background.
- Strong Java skills.
- Strong background in relational databases and SQL.
- Good knowledge of the Spring framework & the JEE platform (JPA, JAX-RS, JMS).
- Experience in designing REST APIs.
- Testing mindset and an eye for clean code.
- Really comfortable with Git.
- Excellent communication in English.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject.
- Bonus: experience with other JVM languages like Groovy or Kotlin.
- Bonus: knowing your way around the *nix shell.
- Bonus: experience with NoSQL storage (Redis, Elastic, MongoDB).
- Bonus: experience with binary APIs (Protocol Buffers, Avro etc).
- Access to training budget and resources (safaribooksonline, frontendmasters, raywenderlich et al).
- Workstation of your choice.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Enhanced parental leave.
- Dynamic working environment with talented people.
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
- At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.