Senior Java Engineer – Content Systems
Atypon is recruiting a Senior Java Engineer - Content Systems,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Atypon helps online publishers deliver mission-critical content to practitioners and researchers in every field.
Here at Atypon, we are passionate about technology: not software for software’s sake, but tools that further the pursuit and distribution of knowledge. Atypon develops software that lets publishers manage, market, and monetize any type of content.
Today Atypon has over 200 clients, including some of the world’s largest publishers; several date back to our first years in business. Literatum is home to nearly 100,000 individual publications, 919 publication websites, 45% of the world’s peer-reviewed English-language research journals—and publications in over a dozen other languages. The platform logs more than 3 billion user sessions annually.
- As a member of our content backend engineering team, you will be responsible for working on and defining new features and spearheading the development and roll-out of these features into production. You will also help implement existing feature adaptations to fit customer needs and cooperate with members of all engineering teams and solution architects worldwide on integrating your customizations into our hosted platform.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 5 years full time employment experience in software development 3 of which with Java.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and oral).
- Solid background in Computer Science with good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Object-oriented software analysis & design.
- Experience with persistence frameworks such as hibernate.
- Relational databases and SQL.
- A team player and willingness to own the full software development lifecycle.
- MS/PhD degree in a related field or other significant acheivements.
- Spring, CDI or related IoC frameworks.
- Spring Integration, ESBs, JMS.
- Workflow management tools (Activiti, jBPM).
- Linux as a development environment.
- Git/Subversion, Maven/Ant, TeamCity/Jenkins.
- XML technologies: XPath/XQuery, Schemas.
- Python and Bash scripting.
- RDF, SPARQL, SKOS, RDFS, OWL.
- Scholarly document standards and parsers (JATS, NLM, grobid, ParsCit).
- Media/Document processing tools (ImageMagick, iText, ffmpeg).
- Solid understanding of web API designs (e.g. REST).
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.