Senior Java Developer
Upstream is recruiting a Senior Java Developer, to be
based in Athens, Greece.
- Upstream is a leading mobile technology company providing 1.2 billion people with affordable and secure access to digital services. Our Zero-D service provides free access to the internet essentials to 250 million users. Our security platform, Secure-D, in 2018 processed over 1.8 billion mobile transactions and blocked over 63,000 malicious apps in 16 countries. We work with over 60 mobile operators, across more than 45 high growth markets.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Java Developer to join our Software Development team in Athens, Greece. As a Senior Java Developer you will be part of a very competent team that works on mission – critical applications contributing in all phases of the development process. You will be responsible for Java/Java EE application development, supporting business objectives while providing expertise in full software development lifecycle, from concept and design, to testing.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient software modules.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications and that specifications cover all needed aspects of the implementation.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Provide support for production systems.
- Create/ review design documentation and provide feedback on test plans.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Support and coach junior developers.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of full time professional Java Development experience is required.
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java SE / EE platforms.
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design.
- Experience with popular Java frameworks and technologies such as Spring Framework, JPA/Hibernate.
- Experience with asynchronous messaging technologies (e.g. JMS).
- Excellent knowledge of SQL.
- Familiarity with build tools such as Maven.
- Proficient understanding of Git and its workflows.
- Strong team player with good communication skills.
- Eager to work with leading-edge technologies.
- Reliable and dedicated professional with clear thinking and strong attention to detail.
- Able to work well under pressure and meeting deadlines in sometimes challenging situations.
- Able to multitask and thrive in a dynamic environment as well as balance and prioritize activities to ensure critical items are addressed.
- Familiarity with Spring Boot.
- Experience with RabbitMQ, Kafka.
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery principles.
- We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills. The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast paced environment.
- Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.