Senior Educational Officer (Greek language)
SolidarityNow is recruiting a Senior Educational Officer (Greek language), to be based in Thiva, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- Provide after-school educational activities, including Greek language classes, according to refugee and migrant population needs.
- Expand and build on the existing educational curriculum that targets and addresses the needs of different age groups of children and youth.
- Provide homework support to children attending formal education.
- Oversee distribution of teaching and learning material according to the population’s needs.
- Update and maintain effective workplans.
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and hardcopy.
- Support educational, recreational and other psychosocial activities.
- Engage with parents, schools and communities in order to improve attendance and respond to students’ needs.
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate referrals to available support.
- Communicate with management, draft and submit project reports.
- Supervise other teachers and provide support to them in line with project objectives.
- Ensure on-going monitoring, tracking and reporting of all educational activities.
- Bachelor degree in Education (any subject) or Greek Language and Literature.
- Excellent Greek and English.
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Intercultural Education or Teaching Greek as a second/foreign language will be preferred.
- Proven knowledge of training, curriculum development, implementation and educational administration.
- Native in Greek and preferably English.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in educational programs for refugees or rural/vulnerable communities.
- Previous experience with humanitarian/human rights’ NGO will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical and administrative skills in managing educational programs and mainly primary education projects.
- Experience in report writing and excellent computer skills.
The following will be considered as advantages:
- Experience in training of trainers/facilitators skills.
- Knowledge of Arabic or Farsi will be an advantage.
- Proven academic or on-job training and understanding of the Project Cycle model in managing humanitarian assistance.
- Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
- SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Child Safeguarding Policy Level 3: The job holder will have regular contact with children.
- Full Time
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Send your Documentation via email at email@example.com, mentioning in the email subject "SN Senior Educational Officer_(Greek Language)_Thiva".