Senior Cloud Engineer, Transformation and Initiatives (CXI)
Citrix is recruiting a Senior Cloud Engineer, Transformation
and Initiatives (CXI), to be based in Patras, Greece.
- We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
- Citrix is rapidly developing and expanding its portfolio of large-scale cloud applications across all product lines, including app/desktop virtualization, networking, and content collaboration. These applications must deliver enterprise-grade performance, reliability, and integration while leveraging consumer internet economies of scale in multiple clouds (and in hybrid scenarios that reach behind the enterprise firewall). This requires excellent architecture and dev-ops process in software development, operations, and site reliability engineering.
As a member of the Cloud Transformation and Initiatives (CXI) team, you will be engaged in major projects for periods of 3-6 months. These will include large projects where existing capacity or experience is insufficient. Throughout this engagement you will supplement existing teams or seed new ones to design and execute work and drive the project through to completion. In addition to major projects, you will be assisting with transformation of the organization through training, embedding into existing teams, and implementing tools to change the way engineers do their work. This will require a unique ability to adapt to the skillsets required to make the project or transformation successful. Due to the brief engagements, the ability to engage and disengage successfully without leaving a void in the process is important. For all engagements, every cloud engineer is responsible for the availability, scalability, security, performance, cost and compliance requirements of Citrix cloud services.
- Become proficient in technologies and subjects quickly and effectively.
- Drive projects/technical initiatives and architectural/technical service improvements through to completion.
- Evangelize best practices in library usage and end-to-end architecture.
- Work with the development teams to design scalable, robust systems using cloud native architectural principles.
- Be proficient in one or more cloud providers, including AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Identify and address patterns in infrastructure and applications that can be solved with a common solution.
- Have proficiency in developing cloud services or strong technical skills in cloud infrastructure.
- You are a software engineer who knows how to apply engineering principles to operations. You have demonstrable experience managing or developing a multi-tenanted SaaS. You are well versed in a large number of technologies and welcome new tools and techniques. You work in conjunction with fellow developers and operations members to come to the best possible solution. You are always looking for patterns and ways to increase efficiency, eliminate downtime, optimize costs, and maintain performance at scale. You work to provide hands-on technical expertise to design, deploy, secure and optimize Cloud services.
You will be successful in this role if you
- Enjoy working with a large variety of services and technologies.
- Tinker with new technologies as they become available to keep appraised of the industry.
- Consider yourself just lazy enough to build tooling to perform redundant tasks rather than performing a series of manual tasks.
- Enjoy pushing scalability to the limit with high throughput services.
- Strive towards implementation and iteration rather than over-analyzing a problem.
- Design solutions with failure in mind to ensure reliability.
- Like looking through metrics and logs as if it were a treasure hunt.
- Avoid logging into servers directly and prefer automation and aggregation for management.
- Strive to be a responsible enabler rather than a "gate".
- Have industry experience with software/infrastructure architecture.
Bonus points for
- Knowledge of resiliency patterns like circuit breakers and load shedding.
- Experience with container technologies: Kubernetes, Docker.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.