Senior BI Engineer
ANIXE Hellas is recruiting a Senior BI Engineer, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- We were "born" in 2014 from one of the biggest touristic group of companies, the FTI GROUP, as an initial step of automating the back-end workflow of the travel industry. We started as Project Beagle and seemed more like a project, providing support on existing applications. Through time, though, we created new goals, have grown rapidly and ended up exceeding our own limits. Now, as ANIXE Hellas we have become a fully-functional delivery center combining software engineering, design and support services, building software products that numerous destinations (DMCs) around the globe use.
Our mission is to create a new holistic software product for the travel industry like any other has ever existed before, transforming the B2B travel needs from a fragmented, siloed process to a fully integrated, interactive and intuitive one.
- As a Senior BI Engineer, you will be involved in the full lifecycle of the implementation of Data Integration, Data Warehouse, Reporting, Analytics and BI systems, including technical analysis, development, production support, and performance tuning. You will design and implement reporting, BI and analytical solutions, including the design and implementation of data structures, data ingestion and transformation processes used to populate those structures with data acquired from multiple data sources. In a nutshell, your efforts will have a direct impact on the decision-making process, providing business insights to a variety of departments and stakeholders facilitating our overall business mission.
- Analysis of data sources, including structure identification, quality assessment, and data profiling.
- Contribute to the architecture of BI and Analytics solutions.
- Design and Implement data acquisition processes, ingesting data from heterogeneous data sources (e.g. Relational Database Systems, Excel/CSV files, REST APIs, NoSQL data sources, ERP, etc.) and data integration processes, including master data management, data cleaning, data transformation.
- Build and contribute to the optimisation of robust ETL/ELT processes that require minimal support and intervention and fine-tuning of relevant systems.
- Develop reporting/BI schemas and maintain reporting/BI environments.
- Build OLAP Cubes and multidimensional data models.
- Design and Implement analytic processes and methodologies.
- Unit development and unit testing.
- Implement insightful, user-friendly, both static and interactive reports using BI tools.
- Update and amend technical documentation.
- Work as part of a team with the Technical Leader to ensure on-time and quality delivery of the development projects.
- Collaborate with and advise mid- and junior-level BI Engineers.
- Advanced and proven experience in building BI applications & database applications.
- Strong experience in multidimensional design.
- Working experience in Data Warehouse and Data Integration techniques (e.g. Star & Snowflake schemas, or Kimball and/or Inmon architectures).
- Strong experience in developing ETL/ELT processes using tools like MS SSIS, Oracle DI, Pentaho DI, including data cleaning and validation processes.
- Solid experience in tuning RDBMS and advanced knowledge of SQL.
- Strong working experience in developing interactive reports using BI tools like Qlik, Tableau, MS Power BI, SAP BO, MicroStrategy, Pentaho BI, etc.
- Good experience with PostgreSQL and/or MS SQL Server.
- Good experience in development using either T-SQL or PL/SQL.
- Working experience in NoSQL databases and/or using NoSQL features of RDBMS systems (e.g., JSON, XML data types and relevant data management functionality).
- Understanding and/or experience in big data technologies, such as Apache Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Impala, Spark, Drill.
- Experience in streaming technologies, such as Apache Spark Streaming, Storm, Kafka, NiFi.
- Understanding and/or experience data analytics methodologies and/or master data management.
- Experience in Python and/or Scala over distributed environments.
- We'll believe and trust in you and your abilities and teamwork is an unbreakable value for us. You will have the opportunity to work among unique people and create solutions together.
- Flexible working hours.
- Very good remuneration package.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Training according to your needs.
- Open and friendly colleagues in a fun environment (you will also see a dog wandering around acting as our stress relief).
- Relaxed dress code.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.