Upstream is recruiting a Russian Copywriter,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Upstream is a leading mobile technology company providing 1.2 billion people with affordable and secure access to digital services. Our Zero-D service provides free access to the internet essentials to 250 million users. Our security platform, Secure-D, in 2018 processed over 1.8 billion mobile transactions and blocked over 63,000 malicious apps in 16 countries. We work with over 60 mobile operators, across more than 45 high growth markets.
- Have you ever received a marketing text message and either deleted it right away or thought that you could have done it better? This is your chance! The copywriter works in a creative partnership with the campaign manager to conceive, develop, and produce effective messages for mobile marketing campaigns. The copywriter is responsible for writing fun and compelling messages that sound as if they are coming from a real person, not a machine. These texts can establish an on-going virtual dialogue with participants, convince them to take action, or keep them entertained. Messages can reach a wide audience so the writing style must be broadly appealing, use persuasive, natural language, and reflect the copywriter’s deep understanding of his or her culture. What can you do with 160 characters or less?
- Meeting with the campaign management team to discuss client requirements and background of the mobile marketing campaign.
- Writing clear, persuasive and original SMS messages (limited to 160 characters) and mobisite articles in Russian several times a day and selecting suitable images to accompany the articles from the company’s resources.
- Translating messages from English to the native Russian language.
- Carefully proofreading to check spelling and grammar in Russian.
- Using the company’s CMS (Content Management Systems) on a daily basis.
- Daily monitoring of participants’/end-users’ replies towards the campaigns to ensure Customer Care compliance.
- Keeping up to date with popular culture and trends.
- Native in Russian.
- Fluent in English.
- Degree in copywriting, journalism or marketing or related fields.
- Minimum 1-2 years of working experience in the fields of copywriting/journalism (for websites/newspapers/magazines/creative agencies etc.), broad marketing or online marketing / advertising.
- Working permit for Greece.
- Good computer skills (MS Office).
- In touch with current affairs, society, popular culture.
- Characterized by productivity, creativity and organisation skills.
- Reliable and dedicated professional with clear thinking and strong attention to detail.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines in a challenging and fast-paced environment that requires fresh thinking.
- Able to multitask, as well as balance and prioritize activities to ensure critical items are addressed.
- Capable of taking initiative when needed and showing strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong team player.
- We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills. The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast paced environment.
- Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.