Ruby on Rails Engineer
Welcome is recruiting a Ruby on Rails Engineer,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- We make every new city feel like home! Welcome acts like your personal travel concierge covering all your in-destination requests starting from the very first one, the pickup from the airport.
We are a strong and lean team, building a global travel company. Welcome launched in the beginning of 2015 Athens, Greece, will welcome more than 1,000,000 travelers in 2019, grows with more than 150% per year, has the highest customer satisfaction score in the travel industry surpassing Airbnb and Tripadvisor (+86 NPS), and is currently expanding in many more cities.
- Our Ruby on Rails engineers are a core part of our business, transforming our vision and mission from words to actual product so travelers, drivers, and partners can actually use our services.
The tech infrastructure and all the code that runs on production servers is the beating heart of Welcome and this role holds a key figure in proceeding with the necessary enhancements and changes to provide a flawless experience to the user.
- The ideal candidate needs to have extensive hands-on experience in Ruby and the Rails framework and ideally in designing, developing, testing and maintaining APIs for mobile apps.
- 3+ years of proven work experience as a Ruby and/or Rails developer.
- Experience developing APIs for mobile applications.
- A firm grasp of Ruby & Rails test frameworks (minitest / rspec).
- Strong grasp of object oriented design patterns.
- Good knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL).
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases / stores & ElasticSearch.
- Ability to coordinate with remote team members.
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Passion to work in an ever-changing environment and in a company that grows 4x every year.
- Competitive salary.
- An amazing workspace, filled with energetic and hardworking people in Athens.
- The tools & equipment you need to successfully perform your daily tasks.
- Mentoring by senior RoR engineers.
- Annual training expenses for lessons, seminars & conferences.
- Snacks & refreshments.
- Monthly company drinks & activities.
- Caprice in the freezer!
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.