Regional Multimedia Manager
International Rescue Committee (IRC)
IRC is recruiting a Regional Multimedia Manager, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- The International Rescue Committee works in Greece from July 2015 responding and providing aid to the influx of refugees and migrants. The IRC’s programming in Greece currently focuses on three key areas of programming on the Greece mainland and Lesvos: Protection, WASH, and Economic Recovery and Development. The International Rescue Committee and Mercy Corps are the co-leads of the project and provide technological, technical and coordination oversight to the platform.
International Rescue Committee
- Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global leader in providing emergency relief, rehabilitation, post-conflict development, human rights protection, resettlement services and advocacy for refugees and others uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is committed to restoring hope, freedom, dignity and self-reliance.
- Mercy Corps is an international relief and development organization working in over 42+ countries worldwide helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
- The Regional Multimedia Manager is responsible for creating engaging multimedia content (in video, photographic, graphical and written formats) for dissemination primarily on Refugee.Info social media channels. They will work with refugees and Refugee.Info staff across Europe (primarily Italy, Serbia, Greece and Bulgaria) to create content that supports Refugee.Info’s social media and content objectives.
At the heart of the role is packaging information for refugees in Europe to be interesting, clear, relevant, engaging, audience-appropriate and designed in a way that performs well on social media. This content may be new material or built using existing content from the Refugee.Info blog and website.
The successful candidate will be required to spend a significant amount of time traveling to the field to capture footage/photos and stories. They will also be required to edit together footage captured by Refugee.Info Field Editors and provide basic training on shooting good footage (if required).
The Regional Multimedia Manager is a team player, happy to support the implementation and development of the social media strategy as required.
As the Refugee.Info project expands, the Regional Multimedia Manager will also work on developing content for other countries in Europe.
- Create innovative digital content for Refugee.Info online channels, optimized to perform well on different social media platforms (especially Facebook and Instagram).
- Work with the Social Media Technical Specialist to implement and continually revise the Refugee.Info social media strategy.v
- Work with the Editorial Technical Specialist to implement and feed into the Refugee.Info content strategy.
- Work with refugees across Europe to create video content and coach them to create their own content.
- Storyboard, shoot and edit video content to a high standard.
- Regularly visit the field to capture photos and footage.
- Edit together footage/photos/information sourced by other members of the Refugee.Info team and from news/photography archives.
- Develop an understanding of the different audiences that Refugee.Info targets and adapt content to resonate best with these audiences.
- Juggle conflicting priorities and tight deadlines to ensure the right content hits refugees’ newsfeeds at the right time.
- Post content to social media (including Facebook and Instagram) as required.
- Ensure that all materials adhere to Refugee.Info branding requirements.
- Continuously analyze content performance and audience behavior to inform future content creation.
- Regularly pitch ideas for new social media content to editorial team.
- Follow humanitarian best practices and IRC’s Code of Conduct and guidelines, especially while engaging with refugees.
- Collaborate with the editorial team (Editorial Technical Specialist, Social Media Technical Specialist, Field Editors, Service Mapping Editor, Multimedia Officers); translators; and Facebook moderators to manage content across all Refugee.Info platforms.
- Work closely with individual Field Editors, as well as the Social Media Technical Specialist and the Editorial Technical Specialist, to edit footage, photos, information and narrative into multimedia content.
- Work with editorial team to ensure content is aligned with the content strategy and appropriate for publication.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
- Reports Directly To: Social Media Technical Specialist, Refugee.Info.
- Works Directly With: Refugee.Info editorial team (Social Media Technical Specialist, Editorial Technical Specialist, Field Editors, Service Mapping Editor, Multimedia Officers); translators; Facebook moderators; Refugee.Info Hardware/Software Team; and IRC Europe and North Africa regional staff.
- A master’s/bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, film, photography, English, public relations or other related field from an accredited university.
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar capacity, creating compelling digital content (particularly in video formats).
- Able to storyboard, shoot and edit social media-optimized video to a high standard.
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, in particular After Effects, Premiere Pro and Photoshop. (In Design is a bonus.
- Photography skills.
- Understanding of the digital landscape, social media platforms and what makes digital content work.
- Ability to proactively seek out trends and developments in social media best practice.
- Proven ability to learn quickly
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and turn content around quickly.
- Ability to work well both within a team and independently, and in a challenging, fast-paced, multicultural environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively to visit field sites to capture
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written English skills required.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team in a sensitive environment.
- Ability to work independently with remote management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
- Proven organizational skills.
- Good news judgment
- Ability to teach us something new.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Familiarity with humanitarian principles; familiarity with refugee and migration issues in Europe.
- Ability to analyze data and audience behavior to inform content creation.
- Experience in social media marketing.
- Experience developing social media strategy and content best practice guidelines.
- Experience in a humanitarian organization.
- Knowledge of refugee issues in Europe desired.
- Native or near-native Arabic, Dari, Farsi, Urdu, Tigrinya, Pashto, Kurmanji or Sorani desired. French, German, Italian or another European language a plus.
- The successful candidate will be incredibly proactive, self-motivated and demonstrate initiative in creating thumb-stopping content and stories. They are able to meet tight deadlines and turn content around quickly.
- They are a passionate, dynamic, creative thinker and team player, eager to learn and be part of a team that is committed to improving the lives of refugees in Europe.
- The position is based in Milan, London or Athens - and will require travel to other locations in Europe as needed (up to 50%).
- Indicate the source of this job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις