Quality Assurance Engineer
OPAP is recruiting a Quality Assurance Engineer,
Financial Applications, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- OPAP is one of the most recognized Group of companies in Greece, listed on the Athens Exchange.
In order to best serve the Group's rapid development, business efficiency and customer service excellence, the Group welcomes talents and recruits outstanding professionals who will become part of the team that will make OPAP a globally competitive Greek Company, so as to contribute even more to the Greek economy and our Society.
At the same time, by investing in the training and development of all employees through constant training courses, the company safeguards the further developing and strengthening of talent so as to guarantee the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Company.
- The Quality Assurance Engineer establishes and applies testing methodologies to ensure high quality of software deliverable, that meet specifications and requirements in the area of financial related systems. The candidate will work within the Quality Assurance and Testing team, as a manual tester initially, with the possibility of moving on to automation testing in the future.
- Produces and/or reviews test plans, test scenarios and TCERs in order to conduct thorough test cycles based on software requirements and design documentation.
- Organizes and executes test cycles for software acceptance in coordination with IT and Business users, in order to verify that features and functionality meet business objectives and agreed scope.
- Meticulously documents test results and software defects and tracks their resolution.
- Creates reports on the progress of test cycles and makes recommendations on further improvements.
- Performs regression testing for delivered fixes as well as end-to-end regression cycles.
- Builds expertise on applications and the underlying business logic striving to become focal point of reference.
- Monitors and coordinates deployment, participates in end-user training, provides post launch support and assists incident management.
- Sets up and maintains the appropriate documentation standards and specifications according to company quality processes.
- Reviews software documentation & manuals in order to ensure accuracy and completeness and to identify and mitigate risks.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or Information Technology fields. MSc degree is desirable.
- Minimum 3 years of Software Quality Assurance experience in a corporate environment, with at least 2 years with financial systems (e.g. ERP).
- Profound knowledge and understanding of Quality Assurance concepts, methodology and industry-standard testing tools (e.g. Microfocus ALM, JIRA) is mandatory.
- Experience in development and/or automation testing will be greatly appreciated.
- Previous experience in lottery and/or betting industry will be greatly appreciated.
- ISTQB Certified Tester (foundation level) is considered a strong plus.
- Excellent use of Greek and English (oral and written).
- Proficiency in MS Office suite is mandatory.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and a methodical approach.
- High level of accuracy, good attention to detail and strong reporting skills.
- Out-of-the-box thinking.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Team spirit and ability to cooperate at all levels effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple projects and deliver within strict timeframes.
- Adaptability to changing requirements and situations.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- The company offers excellent career opportunities and a competitive compensation package, based on the qualifications of the candidate.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.