Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Psychologist, to be based in Lesbos, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide.
The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
- Provide psychological and psycho-educational sessions (individual, family and group) to migrants’ population in Lesbos, according to MSF principles and protocols in order to improve the patients’ mental health. The psychological consultation can be provided in any refugees Camps or in the MSF Clinical Center in Mytilene.
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and develop time-limited treatment plan.
- Providing individual/family/group psychological sessions for patients in order to improve/ stabilize the patients’ mental health condition, as far as possible regarding the living conditions of the patients, according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions.
- When needed, performing crisis intervention sessions to patients with acute MH problems in the clinic (e.g. seen by MDs, midwife).
- Referring patients in need of psychiatric treatment to the psychiatrist and special needs cases (in need of a lawyer, changes of vulnerability status, accommodation etc.) to the social worker or providing joint sessions, according to the multidisciplinary model of care.
- based on need, providing attestation of care letters, as well as MH certificates to patients.
- In order to ensure the continuity of care, visiting patients in detention is necessary.
- Providing group-activities for patients who can profit from a group setting: (especially for children and their parents/psychiatrist patients).
- Ensuring active participation in trainings and meetings.
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Working in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behavior during sessions.
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities.
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective.
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
- Health care providers should be able to handle patients with severe symptoms and assure multi-disciplinary follow up.
- Education: Essential degree or diploma in Psychology (or related). License to practice as psychologist/counselor.
- Essential 2 years’ experience minimum as a Clinical Psychologist/clinical counselor.
- Experience in working with vulnerable populations and victims of torture/(sexual) violence is an asset.
- Experience in child psychology is an asset.
- Languages: English language essential, French is an asset.
- Knowledge: Computer literacy essential, Word and Excel.
- Teamwork, intercultural sensitivity, flexibility are essential.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Please send your CV and a cover letter in English at the following email address, quoting reference code "Psychologist Lesbos" in the subject line of the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Duration: 3 months (high possibility of extension).
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Send your Documentation via email at email@example.com, quoting reference code "Psychologist Lesbos" in the subject line of the e-mail.
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις