Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Psychologist,
to be based in Lesvos, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
- Providing psychological support to asylum seekers and refugees with severe MH conditions due to traumatic experiences and violence suffered before, during and after the migration experience. The model of care envisaged involves a multidisciplinary intervention and a structure of collaboration between psychologists, medical doctors, psychiatrists and social workers. The MH activities will be provided in MSF Mytilini Clinic according to MSF principles and protocols in order to improve the patients’ mental health. The psychological consultation could be provided in any refugees Camps or in the MSF Clinical Center.
- Carrying MH assessment of patients, establishing a diagnosis and developing congruent and time-limited treatment plan.
- Providing individual/family/group psychological sessions in order to improve/ stabilize the patients’ mental health condition, according to MSF protocols and MSF model of care.
- Providing assessment and counseling/psychological support for survivors of sexual violence, according to MSF protocols in close cooperation with the medical team.
- When needed, performing crisis intervention sessions (PFA) to patients with acute MH problems in the clinic.
- Providing joint sessions, according to the multidisciplinary model of care.
- Providing attestation of care letters, as well as MH certificates to patients when appropriate.
- Ensuring active participation in trainings, supervision and team meetings.
- Working in close collaboration with Cultural Mediators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behavior and therapeutic approach.
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities.
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective.
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
- Referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary.
- Essential degree in Psychology. License to practice as psychologist in Greece.
- Specific training in MH care for PTSD and C-PTSD patients is an asset.
- Specific training in MH care for patients with severe MH condition in an asset.
- Essential 2 years’ experience minimum as a Clinical Psychologist.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’.
- Desirable previous experience in asylum seekers and refugees contexts.
- Desirable previous experience in psychological support for PTSD and C-PTSD.
- Desirable previous experience in psychological support for victims of torture (VOT), victims of sexual violence (SV), victims of violence (VOV).
- Desirable previous experience of MH care in multidisciplinary team.
- Desirable experience in MH care for patients with severe MH condition.
- English language essential.
- French is an asset.
- Computer literacy essential, Word and Excel.
- Results and Quality Orientation L2.
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2.
- Behavioural Flexibility L2.
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2.
- Stress Management L3.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Health Insurance.
- Location: Lesvos.
- Duration: 3 months (high possibility of extension).
- Please send your CV and cover letter in English at the following email address, quoting reference code "Psychologist Lesbos" in the subject line of the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Send your Documentation via email at
email@example.com, quoting reference code "Psychologist Lesbos" in the subject line of the e-mail.