Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a
Psychiatrist, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide.
The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
- To collaborate with MSF medical staff on the integration of psychiatric treatment with basic healthcare services in order to insure the treatment of patients suffering from severe and common psychiatric disorders.
- Provide treatment for patients suffering from severe and common psychiatric disorders with specific attention to the cultural context.
- Provide training and supervision to national and international medical staff (doctors and nurses) on diagnosis and treatment of severe and common mental health disorders according to MSF guidelines.
- Participate as a member of the mental health team when present and offer supervision and support to national psychologists and counsellors.
- Ensure that guidelines and psychotropic medications from MSF standard drug list are available in the project.
- Ensure that proper information on treatment and follow up are collected in order to monitor the provision of care.
- Evaluate in-country available psychiatric services including possibilities for psychiatric hospitalization and the quality of these services.
- Form a relationship with MoH and exploration of sustainability of psychiatric treatment.
- Establish collaboration/communication with medical specialties in the project in order to achieve a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care.
- MD degree, registered Psychiatrist.
- Desirable experience: Experience with migrants is an asset and/or traumatized refugees and psychotherapy. Previous experience with MSF.
- Previous field experience with MSF in different contexts essential.
- Essential, Greek and English.
- Desirable Arabic/Farsi/Dari/French.
- Result, Teamwork, flexibility, commitment, stress management.
- Duration: 3 months (possibility of extension).
- Part time position: 1 or 2 day/week.
- Location: Athens – Dayly Care Centre.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code "Athens Project Psychiatrist" in the subject line of the e-mail at: MSFCH-Athens-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org.
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter