Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is recruiting
a Protection Assistant, to be based in various locations, Greece.
- The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in 40 countries around the world.
DRC’s mandate is driven by three global strategic objectives within the DRC Assistance Framework: Saving lives and alleviation of immediate suffering among people affected by conflict, Safeguarding, restoration and development of livelihoods, and, Institutional and organisational change that contributes to protection of people’s rights and peaceful handling of conflict.
DRC has been operating in Greece since December 2015, providing support to the Greek Ministry of Migration Policy in ensuring dignified reception conditions for refugees and migrants arriving on Lesvos island. In March 2016, DRC expanded its operations in Athens area, Larissa and Thessaloniki in response to the changing context and the build-up of refugee population on mainland Greece.
DRC strives to be one of the leading displacement focused INGOs in Greece in terms of relevance, impact and quality, primarily through an integrated site management approach in support to the relevant Greek authorities, comprising protection activities and the provision of services and assistance to meet the basic needs of the population hosted on the emergency reception sites.
- DRC strives to be one of the leading displacement focused INGOs in Greece in terms of relevance, impact and quality, primarily through an integrated site management approach in support to the relevant Greek authorities, comprising protection activities and the provision of services and assistance to meet the basic needs of the population hosted on the emergency reception sites.
- Support the implementation of general protection activities in accordance with agreed objectives.
- Protection monitoring, data collection, and documenting of the needs of the persons of concern.
- Participate in awareness raising sessions and information campaigns for persons of concern.
- Provide appropriate and relevant information to refugees and migrants regarding their rights and services available to them.
- Participating in (joint) assessments, identifying protection concerns and reporting for follow-up.
- Support mapping of services and development of effective referral pathways.
- Identify vulnerable individuals and facilitate appropriate action, including referrals to specialized services and protective accompaniment as necessary.
- Support DRC distribution activities ensuring vulnerable individuals are identified and fast tracked for assistance.
- Participate in population profiling and verification exercises to ensure adequate and relevant data collection.
- Encourage, support and monitor community-based protection networks in the emergency reception sites.
- Provide input on case studies, best practices and lessons learned from each of the activities implemented.
- Provide translation/interpretation as necessary.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager, relevant to the achievement of Protection objectives.
Collaboration and supervision
- Report any major issues to the protection management.
- Collaborate with DRC colleagues to resolve problems and issues as they arise.
- Ensure the observance of the DRC Code of Conduct throughout activity implementation.
- University degree in Social science, Law, Refugee and Migration studies, International Relations, Psychology.
- Previous experience (including volunteer) with refugees and asylum seekers.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- It is “Essential” that you fluently speak one of the following languages; Arabic, Pashto, Dari, Urdu, French or Kurdish (Sorani, Kurmanji).
- Greek language skill is an asset.
- The contract will be under the Greek Labor Law, and all allowances will be provided to the employees (Christmas, Easter, Vacation bonus).
- The successful candidates will be offered a three months fixed term contract, extendable based on performance and funding.
- DRC provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
- The position refers to all duty stations of DRC Greece (Attica, Larissa, Thessaloniki, Mytilene) and national terms and conditions apply.
- DRC will offer the successful candidate a challenging job in our interesting program in Greece.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.
- Please send us your cover letter and CV (no more than 4 pages). Both must be in English.
- We will only contact candidates that fullfill the criteria for the position.
- This advertisement covers multiple positions and we are recruiting on a rolling basis.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Send your Documentation online at drc.ngo.
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις