Purchasing Project Specialist
Thenamaris Inc. is recruiting a Purchasing Project Specialist, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Thenamaris (Ships Management) Inc. is a global ship manager of high specification modern ocean-going vessels and provides its services as agents only.
The fleet under management currently comprises 72 vessels: oil tankers carrying crude oil and oil products such as gasoline and diesel oil; bulk carriers which transport dry bulk cargoes such as grain, coal and iron ore; and containerships.
Thenamaris LNG Inc. manages three 160,000 cbm LNG carriers and one 38,000 cbm LPG carrier.
We operate, maintain, crew and trade our principals’ vessels worldwide, in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
We ensure consistently high standards throughout our integrated ship management services, covering the commercial, technical, safety and quality, and crewing aspects of managing a diversified portfolio of vessels.
- Thenamaris invites graduates with Supply Chain, Operations Management or Mechanical Engineering background to apply for a short-term opening in the company’s Purchasing department.
The individual will support the Ship Supplies and Spare Parts Operators during daily operations and participate in ongoing improvement projects of the department which necessitate strong supply chain domain knowledge coupled with analytical and technical skills.
- University degree in Industrial Engineering & Operations Research, Management Science & Technology or Mechanical Engineering. MSc in Business Analytics, Operations Management and/or similar subject will be considered an asset.
- IT literacy is a prerequisite; excellent use of Microsoft Office suite Programming skills, especially in R and Python, will be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in English at a written and oral level.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business stakeholders.
- Conceptual thinking and creativity as well as the ability to quickly understand the shipping business are critical.
- The ideal candidate will be a responsible and dynamic individual with team oriented mindset.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.