Project Specialist / Temporary Contract
Thenamaris Inc. is recruiting a Project Specialist / Temporary Contract, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Thenamaris (Ships Management) Inc. is a global ship manager of high specification modern ocean-going vessels and provides its services as agents only.
The fleet under management currently comprises 72 vessels: oil tankers carrying crude oil and oil products such as gasoline and diesel oil; bulk carriers which transport dry bulk cargoes such as grain, coal and iron ore; and containerships.
Thenamaris LNG Inc. manages three 160,000 cbm LNG carriers and one 38,000 cbm LPG carrier.
We operate, maintain, crew and trade our principals’ vessels worldwide, in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
We ensure consistently high standards throughout our integrated ship management services, covering the commercial, technical, safety and quality, and crewing aspects of managing a diversified portfolio of vessels.
- Thenamaris invites professionals with a programming background to apply for a short-term opening in the company's Chartering department; the successful individual will be required to perform stochastic / statistical analysis of the freight market and develop a computer tool / application to feature the results.
- University degree in Statistics or Operational Research or Computer Science.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL data models and processes.
- Excellent programming skills in R and Python.
- Solid knowledge of sampling methodologies and simulation techniques.
- Conceptual thinking and creativity as well as the ability to quickly understand the shipping business are critical to the project's success, the candidate should have the ability to handle and process complex sets of data and have a self- starter attitude towards modeling shipping fundamentals.
- This 3-month placement is a great opportunity for candidates with the above characteristics to access and process real market data and to interact with top caliber professionals of the commercial shipping business.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.