SolidarityNow is recruiting a Project Assistant – LGBTI Programme, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- The project aims to bridge the gap between civil society organisations working in the humanitarian area and those working to support the LGBTI community, including aspects of social inclusion, integration and capacity building. The project aims to raise awareness on the vulnerable social group of LGBTI refugees & asylum seekers by increasing the knowledge, understanding, skills and awareness of all relevant stakeholders. To provide all-round support to the Project Manager and contribute to the effective implementation of the project.
- Overall administrative support.
- Completing relevant project documentation.
- Supporting with organisational procedures such as procurement and compiling of necessary financial documentation.
- Outreach to beneficiaries and relevant organisations.
- Organisation of trainings – booking space, materials, trainers etc.
- Scheduling and preparing meetings and activities, including invitations.
- Preparing reports and briefings related to the project.
- Assisting in the preparation and distribution of communication and other materials.
- Representing the project in discussions and interacting with colleagues and external actors, informing them about the project and relative aspects.
- Undertaking other duties appropriate to the project implementation.
- At least 2 years of experience in an Administrative position or Project Management.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Proven administrative support experience under pressure.
- Fluent in Greek and English.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with the ability to work as part of a team as well as being independently motivated.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Tools, (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Experience in community engagement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Reliable, trustworthy and committed to team’s success.
- Previous experience working with vulnerable groups and refugee populations.
- Experience working with the LGBTI community.
- Previous experience in the NGO/humanitarian sector.
- Knowledge of Greek.
- If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to email@example.com mentioning in the subject line of the email subject “SN Project Assistant_LGBT Programme”.
- Status: Part-time (4 hours / day).
- Duration: fixed term until May 2019.
- SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Child Safeguarding Policy Level 2: The job holder will have sporadic contact with children.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
- Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις