Product Manager, Personal Content Manager
Atypon is recruiting a Product Manager, Personal Content Manager,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Atypon helps online publishers deliver mission-critical content to practitioners and researchers in every field.
Here at Atypon, we are passionate about technology: not software for software’s sake, but tools that further the pursuit and distribution of knowledge. Atypon develops software that lets publishers manage, market, and monetize any type of content.
Today Atypon has over 200 clients, including some of the world’s largest publishers; several date back to our first years in business. Literatum is home to nearly 100,000 individual publications, 919 publication websites, 45% of the world’s peer-reviewed English-language research journals—and publications in over a dozen other languages. The platform logs more than 3 billion user sessions annually.
- Atypon is looking for a Product Manager to undertake and overview the design, development and marketing of a new tool for academic researchers. A team of excellent engineers is already working on the tool and you will become their team leader. You and your team will also be part of a larger “tribe” of product managers, designers, and engineers working on researcher facing tools. As a Product Manager you are expected to have experience with all aspects of the specification, design, development, marketing, operations and commercial growth and user traction of a B2C app (web and native). You should be good at managing people and at identifying and hiring new talent whenever necessary. An engineering background and experience with agile software development methods are necessary.
- Own the successful delivery of the product.
- Manage the team and its operation.
- Identify user needs/problems and turn them into product specs/functionality.
- Overview the design of the product and its features.
- Organize and prioritize the app’s development using agile methods and tools (e.g. Jira, Notion, Github Projects).
- Get involved in the marketing, user traction and adoption of the tool.
- Collaborate with the rest of the teams in the “tribe”.
- Graduate degree, preferably PhD or experience with researcher activities.
- Experience with web app development in a large company or startup setting.
- Excellent UX skills and able to work with designers for pixel-perfect designs.
- Strong technical background in mobile-first, progressive and mobile-native app development.
- Experience with agile software development methods and related tools.
- Experience in managing small teams and bringing products to market.
- A startup-like, growth-obsessed mentality.
- A genuine passion for Open Research and for building the next generation of tools for science.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.