Signal Maritime is recruiting a Post-Fixture Analyst, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a twist. A spin-off from Thenamaris Ships Management, a company that has been setting industry standards for approximately 40 years, we aim to bring together shipping best practice with internet-age advanced analytics and management methods.
The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet.
The leadership team comprises the former joint CEO of Thenamaris, the former chartering manager, three other senior ex-Thenamaris executives and an experienced banker, boasting a total collective experience of more than fifty years in ship management at the highest level. The differentiating start-up mix is completed by strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and developers.
- We are looking for a mid-level versatile Post-Fixture Analyst who is interested in pursuing a career in a newly established, dynamic and innovative shipping group.
The Post-Fixture Analyst is responsible for the collection of all the accounts and claims, in respect of each vessel or voyage, from the time the vessel is fully fixed until all accounts are settled with Charterers, Shippers/Receivers, Brokers, as well as with the owners of chartered vessels.
This is an integral role within the Commercial Operations Department, responsible for the freight collection process, i.e. for quickly collecting and/or securing freights, hires or other claimed amounts due to the owners of the vessels. The role will report directly to the company’s VP of Commercial Operations.
- Handling post fixture and freight collection (freight/demurrage claims and disbursements).
- Issuing hire statements, freight invoices, final hire statements and other required documentation, and forwarding them to Charterers for prompt settlement.
- Issuing and preparing claims raised during voyage execution.
- Handling Post fixture for all charter parties ensuring that requirements are followed.
- Calculating & analyzing demurrage costs.
- Cross checking Port Authorities and Agents’ disbursements invoices.
- Negotiating with charterers on any dispute or discrepancies, to resolve them amicably, and gathering all required evidence.
- Providing all supporting material to company Lawyers when a dispute cannot be settled amicably.
- Collaborating with (international) shipping legal bodies and proactively defending company's position.
- Supporting in the development of freight capabilities of more junior team members.
- Creating necessary reports for the performance monitoring of the freight department.
- Improving / refining best-practice processes for the freight department and defining new processes as per department's activities/needs.
- BSc/MSc in Shipping Management, Marine Policy, Marine Law, Business Administration or a related field.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in similar Department (i.e. Tanker Operations, Freight, Disbursements, Claims Handling).
- Understanding of basic shipping terminology.
- Knowledge of post fixture handling (i.e. freights collections/claims, disbursements and bunkers acquisitions).
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing working conditions (i.e. new vessel sizes, segments, markets).
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business stakeholders.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Experience on tanker and/or dry bulk carriers.
- Advanced IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Mid-level competitive salary, and up to 15% performance discretionary bonus/incentive.
- Coverage under the company’s collective health insurance plan.
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping.
- If you combine the necessary academic background, skills and experience with high integrity, attention to detail, a strong self-drive, as well as an active interest in shipping, then we would love to hear from you.
- Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete provisions is expected.
- The interview process may include a short quiz to help us better appreciate your knowledge and the way you think.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.