PHP / Ruby on Rails Senior Developer
Generation Y is recruiting a PHP / Ruby on Rails Senior Developer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Generation Y, established in 2000, is a fast growing company, expanding in both services and international markets we operate in. Generation Y is involved in the fields of E-Marketing and Business Consultancy. Our primary objective is to provide its clientele, (corporate or private individuals) with integrated business solutions that deliver the desired results, via electronic advertising services or business consultancy. With more than 100 in-house employees, offices in 5 countries and a network of industry specialist associates, we offer a broad spectrum of expertise.
- Generation Y is a rapidly growing Interactive Agency, based in Athens, Greece with an international clientele.
We are dedicated to building custom and complex web applications, using Ruby on Rails technology, as well as PHP.
This position offers fantastic career progression, and is an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional Ruby on Rails or PHP web developer with impeccable interpersonal and communication skills.
We are looking for the right developer whom cannot only bring their coding skills to the table, but also their knowledge of design and integration. We are open to junior level developers, but prefer an intermediate to senior level person.
- 2+ years working with Ruby or PHP (object-oriented) using MVC frameworks (preferably Ruby on Rails).
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS; HTML5 and CSS 3 is a plus.
- Relational database experience, including advanced knowledge of MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Deep familiarity and understanding with Linux/Unix environments.
- Solid leadership, communication, and teamwork skills.
The following will be considerd as advantages:
- Version control systems, especially Git.
- Experience of advanced concepts as NoSQL data stores (MongoDB), Redis or similar.
- Experience with test-driven development; knowledge of RSpec preferred.
- Complete project lifecycle experience.
- A relaxed working atmosphere.
- Personalised working station.
- Continuous training.
- Free tickets to seminars.
- Possible trips around Greece or Europe.
- Free coffee.
- All applications are being handled in full confidentiality.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curricuum Vitae
- Recent photo