PeopleCert is recruiting a Legal Counsel, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- PeopleCert is a global leader in assessment and certification of professional skills, partnering with multi-national organisations and government bodies for the development & delivery of standardised exams. Delivering exams across 180 countries and in 25 languages over its state-of-the-art assessment technology, PeopleCert enables professionals to boost their careers and realise their life ambitions.
Through flexible & secure exam management systems, PeopleCert offers a suite of services for simple, flexible and secure exams, including online exam booking, multilingual online proctoring, e-certificates and online certificate verification.
- PeopleCert, a global leader in the assessment and certification of professional skills, is looking for an experienced and reliable Legal Counsel to lead our in-house legal team.
This professional will cooperate with the Top Management on various entrepreneurial issues, provide legal advice and engage with the institutional framework of personnel certification in Greece and abroad. Intellectual property law expertise and experience in the technology sector will be an asset. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic business environment and work on a wide variety of legal issues.
- Research, anticipate issues and guard Company against legal risks.
- Provide consultation and handle corporate legal issues (e.g. intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, financial/securities offerings, compliance cases, vendor / partner agreements, lawsuits, etc.).
- Contribute to the preparation of all corporate documentation ensuring compliance with laws and regulations.
- Work closely with our internal product, business, and compliance teams, as well as with external advisors and experts on a variety of legal issues.
- Represent the Company in legal proceedings (administrative boards, court trials etc.).
- Support deals’ negotiation.
- Manage a wide range of corporate and business litigation.
- Undertake and manage ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB).
- Master of Laws (LLM) from a top university.
- Excellent knowledge of English is a must (C2 Level).
- Minimum 10 years of comparable experience in a top legal firm or an international corporate environment is a prerequisite.
- Proven background on corporate law (contract law, tax law, accounting, securities law, intellectual property rights, licensing law etc.).
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills.
- Interpersonal and people management skills.
- High level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality.
- Work in an international, dynamic and fun atmosphere among young and smart people.
- Private medical health insurance program.
- Huge learning experience in using best practices and cutting-edge technologies.
- PeopleCert regrets that due to the large volume of applications received, we will only consider those who solely correspond to job requirements as listed above.
- All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.