Accounting & Finance Manager
PeopleCert is recruiting an Accounting & Finance Manager,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- PeopleCert is a global leader in assessment and certification of professional skills, partnering with multi-national organisations and government bodies for the development & delivery of standardised exams. Delivering exams across 180 countries and in 25 languages over its state-of-the-art assessment technology, PeopleCert enables professionals to boost their careers and realise their life ambitions.
Through flexible & secure exam management systems, PeopleCert offers a suite of services for simple, flexible and secure exams, including online exam booking, multilingual online proctoring, e-certificates and online certificate verification.
- PeopleCert, a global leader in the assessment and certification of professional skills, is looking for an experienced and reliable Accounting & Finance Manager to undertake all aspects of financial management, including accounting and tax operations, financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. The responsibilities also include financial risk management.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer the successful candidate should provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans. The goal is to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives.
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further actions.
- Lead costs analysis, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and actual performance versus business plan.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations on cost-reduction opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the accounting & tax department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of Group’s finances is maintained.
- Collaborate with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
- Support month-end and year-end closing processes.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Professional qualification such as ACCA/CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus.
- Proven experience as an Accounting & Finance Manager, leading a team.
- Prior working experience in progressive financial roles - experience in a service-oriented environment is a plus.
- Proficient user of finance software packages. Working knowledge of Navision ERP will be considered as an asset.
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used.
- Excellent command of the Greek and English language (C2 level).
- Work in an international, dynamic and fun atmosphere among young and smart people.
- Private medical health insurance programme.
- Huge learning experience in using best practices and cutting-edge technologies.
- PeopleCert regrets that due to the large volume of applications received, we will only consider those who solely correspond to job requirements as listed above.
- All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.