- Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry. Arthur Guinness, John Walker and his sons and all those many talented people that followed in their footsteps, cared deeply about the people, businesses they fostered, and the communities in which they operated. Today we stand on the shoulders of these giants and act with the same entrepreneurial spirit.
The success of Guinness®, Smirnoff®, Johnnie Walker®, Tanqueray® and many more brands led to the formation of our company in 1997. And we only thrive today because of the 32,000 talented people we have globally to grow our brands, old and new, and keep them strong.
Sold in more than 180 countries, we have a responsibility to ensure that our brands remain as relevant today as they have done in the past, and to pass them on to the next generation in even better shape.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere, is broad and full of opportunity and plays an important role in our company. We know that when we are fulfilled, we deliver better performance.
We want to make the most of life, to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community – for our brands to be part of celebrations big and small. Do you want to become a custodian of some of the most iconic brands in the world? Find out more about our purpose, culture and values in our Life section.
Diageo is recruiting an Outlet Developer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose - Celebrating life, every day, everywhere - has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
- Basic purpose of the role is to effectively manage and develop selected on premise outlets in a designated area in order to deliver the profit, volume, sales driver and brand building objectives expressed in the commercial plan, with the guidance of his/her line manager, through compelling customer propositions that unlock growth opportunities and maximise sustainable profit delivery.
- Development of an area coverage/contact plan to guarantee delivery of objectives expressed in the commercial plan.
- Close monitoring and follow up on brilliant execution through regular and consistent coverage plan within outlets.
- Successful sales drivers activation such as visibility (visibility points, table visibility, POS material), promotion (execution and evaluation of events), persuasion (introduction of Diageo new products or brands to customers, building of interpersonal relations, product training), quality (products perfect appearance, evaluation of unbranded demand, perfect serve training on premise staff), distribution and price to maximise the return on investment.
- Relationships management (commercial agreements according to policy, implementation of agreements, exploration of opportunities).
- Incremental volume and profit for the customer driven by new opportunities identified.
- Choiceful activation of the right sales drivers for the customer based on informed decisions.
- Activities are successfully executed as planned with appropriate customisation necessary to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Monitors in market execution and informs stakeholders of issues and successes.
- Structured Selling - Demonstrates consistently high standards of execution. Always operates the structured call/appointment. Can articulate key features and benefits of brands and their role in the category, in a relevant way to customers.
- Commercial Acumen - Has an understanding of spend, volume, margin and profit performance within own area of responsibility. Makes recommendations for change to drive improvement. Has a basic understanding of the customer P&L and customer and category profitability.
Ways of Working expected
- Ownership and accountability for outcomes (acting like an owner, actively taking initiatives to drive great performance).
- Understanding ROI for each key customer.
- In-depth knowledge of area of responsibility, able to identify trends and propose actions to leverage these opportunities.
- Apply the Diageo ways of working and stay focused on business priorities.
- Build great relationships with key stakeholders of each customer.
- Ongoing & effective cross-functional cooperation to deliver holistic performance.
- University degree in Business. Postgraduate degree will be considered a plus.
- Approximately 3 years in Sales department of FMCG - On Trade experience is a big asset.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, confident and solid communication, team-playing, innovative thinking, results-orientation, high energy, great negotiations skills, good prioritization, focus on total company delivery.
- P&L literacy - strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Comfort using MS Office (especially excel).
- Fluency in both Greek and English.
- Travel requirements: Within Greece.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.