Signal Maritime is recruiting an Office Administrator, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal is a group of companies offering products and services in commercial shipping. We combine our deep knowledge of shipping with our passion for applied science, technology and modern management methods.
Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a technology twist. The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet. At the same time, we are leveraging the group's technologies, as design clients, to enable and pursue new business models in shipping.
Signal Ocean is a technology product engineering start-up, developing an ambitious B2B information and decision-support Software as a Service (SaaS) ecosystem for shipping professionals.
Our young and driven teams have grown from an inner core of a founding entrepreneur and key executives, who spent more than ten years running and transforming one of the world’s leading ship management companies. Our differentiating mix is completed by truly world-class strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and software engineers.
- Signal Ocean is a technology start-up with a strong shipping pedigree. Using deep domain expertise and the latest in Machine Learning, we deliver solutions to shipping professionals that allow them to make better decisions, faster.
We are currently looking for an energetic and dynamic Office Administrator-Receptionist to join our Operations Department.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration, and we expect this person to be able to send out the same values, plus being responsible for coordinating office services and related activities.
In this role, someone who really enjoys the logistics of running and coordinating a scaling office, has great communication abilities and has a detail-oriented mindset will thrive.
As an Office Administrator - Receptionist you will be responsible for all activities related to the day-to-day operations of our office, including the reception area, mail, purchasing requests, facilities, food ordering and many more.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies.
- Manage and ensure efficient running of reception including check in /out procedures; responsible for welcoming visitors and overseeing office security.
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.).
- Provide first-class administrative support for team members; manage arrangements for office meetings, conferences, travel and accommodation.
- Keep, organise and maintain reception, rest areas, meeting rooms, kitchen and office clean, tidy and well presented.
- Serve as the point of contact for office management matters; maintenance, mailing, supplies, equipment, bills and errands.
- Process office related invoices and expenses, keep relevant budget, organize receipts, allocate and file accordingly.
- Hold facilities management duties; manage relationships with office vendors, order supplies, and all office & building related needs.
- Assist with other special requests or projects as needed (i.e. submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned).
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data.
- Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete provisions is expected.
- BA/BSc in a relevant field is required.
- 2-3 years of working experience in similar position;familiarity with office management procedures and basic records keeping.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities required; an essential link between our company and visitors.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to multitask, prioritize work and suggest improvements.
- Ability to handle routine, administrative work well, with high precision, accuracy and detail-orientation, completing tasks with minimal supervision.
- Work as a team player with multiple departments and offices; pro-active willingness to help.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations in a calm and professional demeanor.
- Proficient in MS office, Outlook and other office and project management computer skills (i.e. Google docs, Slack, CRM etc.).
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping.
- Fun and well-equipped work environment.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.