Office Administrator – Reception
- Signal is a group of companies offering products and services in commercial shipping. We combine our deep knowledge of shipping with our passion for applied science, technology and modern management methods.
Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a technology twist. The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet. At the same time, we are leveraging the group's technologies, as design clients, to enable and pursue new business models in shipping.
Signal Ocean is a technology product engineering start-up, developing an ambitious B2B information and decision-support Software as a Service (SaaS) ecosystem for shipping professionals.
Our young and driven teams have grown from an inner core of a founding entrepreneur and key executives, who spent more than ten years running and transforming one of the world’s leading ship management companies. Our differentiating mix is completed by truly world-class strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and software engineers.
Signal Maritime is recruiting an Office Administrator/Reception, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a twist. A spin-off from Thenamaris Ships Management, a company that has been setting industry standards for approximately 40 years, we aim to bring together shipping best practice with internet-age advanced analytics and management methods.
The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet.
The leadership team comprises the former joint CEO of Thenamaris, the former chartering manager, three other senior ex-Thenamaris executives and an experienced banker, boasting a total collective experience of more than fifty years in ship management at the highest level. The differentiating start-up mix is completed by strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and developers.
- Signal Ocean is a well-funded, AI-powered B2B SaaS start-up developing technology products for the maritime transportation sector. We bring together in-depth sector expertise with world-class applied data science to deliver information and decision support tools to professionals in shipping and related commodity trading industries.
We are currently looking for an excellent communicator, with a passion for customer service who will oversee and handle all office and reception activities, and have the chance to work with talented people in a driven, creative and fun environment.
The position will report to our HR. The ideal candidate will possess a passion and solid understanding of office management and administration procedures, ability to multi-task, attention to detail, a can-do attitude and strong people- and customer-centric mindset.
- Manage and ensure efficient running of reception including check in /out procedures; responsible for welcoming visitors and overseeing office security.
- Handle our main phone line, direct telephone traffic and mail operations appropriately.
- Provide first-class administrative support for team members; scheduling meetings, appointments, travel etc.
- Keep reception, rest areas, meeting rooms and office clean, tidy and well presented.
- Serve as the point of contact for office management matters; maintenance, mailing, supplies, equipment, bills and errands.
- Process office related invoices and expenses, organize receipts, allocate and file accordingly.
- Handle office vendors, order supplies, and all office & building related needs.
- Assist as needed to a wide variety of tasks and projects.
- Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete provisions is expected.
- Bachelor’s Degree required/preferred.
- 1+ year experience in office management/operations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and project management tools (Google Docs, Slack, CRMs) will be a plus.
- Ability to handle routine, administrative work well, with high precision, accuracy and detail-orientation.
- Strong self-organization and team-play skills; pro-active willingness to help.
- Ability to always smile, represent the company culture and create positive interaction experiences.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize work and suggest improvements.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping.
- Fun and well-equipped work environment.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.