Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Nurse, to be based in Lesbos, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
- Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients (mainly children and adolescent), according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment.
- Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the midwife so they can receive the necessary treatment. Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit.
- Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort.
- Ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary.
- Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration.
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
- Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorization, etc.).
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Education:Essential recognized nurse degree/diploma. Desirable Bachelor in Science of Nursing and pediatric experience. License to practice.
- Experience:Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s.
- Languages: Essential Greek and English. Desirable French, Arabic, Farsi.
- Competencies: Results and quality orientation, teamwork and cooperation, commitment to MSF principles, behavioral flexibility, stress management, service orientation.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Duration: 3-month contract (possibility for extension).
- Location: Lesbos.
- Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code "Nurse Lesbos” in the subject line of the e-mail at: email@example.com
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Send your Documentation via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference code "Nurse Lesbos” in the subject line of the