Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Nurse Aide,
to be based in Chios, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
- Assisting in the nursing activities with hospitalized patients, according to nurses and doctors’ prescription, universal hygiene standards and MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients.
- Assisting the nurse in organizing and providing care and treatments to patients, respecting at all times, the rules of hygiene, safety, comfort, dignity, medical secret and patient confidentiality. Giving response to nurse’s requirements in case of an emergency.
- Participating in the surveillance and monitoring of the patient and reporting to the nurse any relevant information. Compensating patients’ possible lack of autonomy by assisting and helping them in feeding, personal hygiene, movements and general comfort.
- Participating in the monitoring of nursing activities (correctly fill in patient files, etc.) and ensuring a relevant transfer of information between duty teams. Reporting any problem arising in the care unit, especially the loss, robbery or damage of equipment or medicines.
- Ensuring cleanliness of his/her working environment (including facilities, material, linen, equipment, and carrying out the sorting and disposal of waste).
- Working together with the nurses, cleaners and care-takers.
- Participating actively in the hospital platform (meetings, committee,.), trainings and in the basic health education sessions.
- Participating in any other related activities as requested by the line manager.
- Performing minor maintenance and cleaning of the biomedical equipment following user manual and protocols. Alerting the supervisor in case of malfunctioning of any device.
- Conducting TMS group session in collaboration with the CM: give key message and .
- Conducting individual session for TMS with the questionaire and check list, identify possible vulnerable people (SGBV etc).
- Helping the nurse prepare vaccination and assist the nurse in case of need.
- Conducting triage of the patient coming visiting for the medical doctor.
- Supporting the medical doctor in case of medical act (dressing, vital sign, glycemia).
- Doing the report (sitrep) for TMS every month.
- Collaborating with the medical team for the good fonctioning of MSF clinic.
- Participating in the medical and staff meeting and participate to medical strategy discussion.
- Nurse-aide diploma required. License to practice.
- Essential 2 years’ experience minimum as a Nurse-aide.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or any other NGO`s.
- Essential Greek and English language.
- Results and Quality Orientation.
- Teamwork and Cooperation.
- Behavioral Flexibility.
- Commitment to MSF principles.
- Cross-cultural awareness.
- Stress Management.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Duration: 3-month contract (possibility for extension).
- Location: Chios.
- Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code "Nurse-Aide” in the subject line of the e-mail at: MSFCH-Chios-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter