Network Management Engineer
WIND is recruiting a Network Management Engineer,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- In WIND we are committed to becoming an outstanding independent telecommunications company in the European market, delivering unique value for money services to our customers. Our ambitious commitment mobilizes us to keep evolving, to seek out new challenges and to change, without fear, in a creative and empowering environment! All these elements create a high performance culture, characterized by the passion, talent and competencies of our employees.
- Start today, as a Network Management Engineer and drive our growth and our customers’ experience, by analyzing the business needs and provide proposals.
- Investigate, analyze design and define an evolution plan of Wind Hellas OSS layer.
- Participate in the selection, installation, configuration, and support of all enterprise Network management, tools solutions.
- Automate system processes and develop tooling for easing the administration burden.
- Enforce security best practices across Linux VMs and also applications containing sensitive information.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection, and deployment of new technologies and tools.
- Work with colleagues to optimize overall system performance.
- Work closely with internal teams and stakeholders to identify service dependencies and KPIs.
- Ensure thorough capacity, health, and security monitoring is present at every layer of the platforms and application stacks.
- Focus on the delivery of prescriptive, automated monitoring for all critical systems and services.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend architectural improvements and new technologies.
- Know how to use configuration management and orchestration tools to rapidly deploy and manage highly consistent, prescriptive systems and services.
- Have a thorough, working knowledge of continuous integration and delivery in the Agile context.
- Engage in active listening and have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to learn and grow through self-study.
- Bachelor’s degree in an information technology related field or equivalent work experience.
- Windows Server (2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016) and Linux (CentOS / RHEL 7.x) SRE skill level.
- Virtualization (VMWare, ESXi, vCenter) and containerization (Docker / Kubernetes) experience skills.
- 5+ years of experience as Network management and OSS engineer.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Passion for technology and customer experience.
- Drive and team spirit!
- Experience with monitoring-related applications and technologies such as
- NMS: Nagios, SolarWinds, Zabbix etc.
- Logging: Graylog, ElastiSearch, Syslog(-ng) etc.
- Experience with Fault management systems such as TEMIP, IBM Netcool etc.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.