Network & Competition Insights Specialist
Alfa Beta Vassilopoulos Group is recruiting a Network &
Competition Insights Specialist, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Alfa Beta is a member of Ahold Delhaize Group that operates a network of 21 companies in 3 continents (11 countries), 375 000 employees and is trusted by more than 50 million customers on a weekly basis.
Alfa Beta Vassilopoulos is one of the largest retail chain with 298 Super Markets, 16 Cash & Carry, 146 franchise stores and over 14 000 employees.
- Analyses spatial data of AB and competition using mapping software, aiming to discover patterns and trends.
- Produces maps showing the spatial distribution of various kinds of data, including customers, network, competition.
- Processes data from existing data management and geographic display (GIS) systems and draws conclusions based on the format and cluster of each store, with respect to consumer behavior by geographical area, performance by format, POIs, etc.
- Feeds and enriches GIS software capabilities ecosystem to capture the current situation and presents potential opportunities and challenges by conducting appropriate analysis towards all interested parties.
- Develops, delivers and evolves existing performance network reports/dashboards and provides ongoing insights to business stakeholders with analysis and interpretation of quantitative information.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Information Technology, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Geography, Engineering, etc.
- 1 – 3 years prior practical spatial experience in relevant area in Retail, FMCG, Research Companies or Consulting. Experience in the use of ArcGIS desktop software and extensions and ESRI product suite including ArcGIS server, portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Pro in retail sector, would be considered an asset.
- Fluency in English language both written & spoken.
- Advanced knowledge of MS-Office, with emphasis on MS-Excel (pivot tables, vlookups), MS Access and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of databases and GIS systems integration (ArcGIS Server/ArcSDE). Familiarity with a programming language such as Python, R would be considered an asset.
- Data visualization skills (dashboards, reports) combined with high ability to understand and analyze numerical data and resolve technical problems.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to apply knowledge into practical schemes.
- Strong results orientation, accountability and resourcefulness.
- Good communication skills, written & verbal and ability to present complex data in an understanding manner.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- The company offers a competitive remuneration package and excellent career prospects within an international retail environment.
- All applications will be treated as confidential.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.