Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Nanny,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
- Being responsible for looking after the welfare of the infant/child, according to MSF hygiene standards and security rules, strictly observing the daily regimen specified by parents in written or oral instructions.
- Taking care of the infant/child during the day and carrying out tasks specified by the parents, following at all times all hygiene standards and security rules. When requested, preparing food and planning their daily activities.
- Taking all possible measures to prevent accidents in home/external activity locations. Immediately informing the parents in case of accidents (injuries, falling, intoxication, etc.) and immediately providing the first aid and calling the medical doctor if required. Checking the health of the child (fever, insect bites, injuries, etc.) when called for.
- Practicing self-education, learning child development methods and practicing developing games with infants/children based on their age.
- Looking after the cleanliness of the infant/child, including clothes and shoes as well the cleanliness of the room, domestic, appliances, toys and other items surrounding the infant/child. When required, ironing child/children’s clothes.
- Dressing the infant/child appropriately and taking care of the toilet needs of the child. When applicable, changing diapers regularly and giving a bath during the day and when requested, during the evening.
- Using the home and kitchen appliances accurately and carefully to prepare proper meals for the infant/child.
- Note: The infant/child should never be left alone including while in the bath. When staying at home while parents are out, child minder should not open the door to unauthorized people.
- Education: Pedagogical education, nursing education an asset.
- Experience: Experience in working with children in child care facilities or in families.
- Languages: English essential, Greek, Italian or Spanish an asset.
- Knowledge: Computer literacy essential.
- Results, Teamwork, Commitment, Flexibility, Stress management.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Duration: 3-month contract (possibility for extension).
- Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code "Nanny" in the subject line of the e-mail at: MSFOCB-Athens-Recruitment@brussels.msf.org.
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter