Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Watchman, to be based in Samos, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations.
- Carrying out surveillance and guarding activities in MSF facilities, according to MSF protocols and security rules, in order to ensure the safety and security of all mission's personnel and premises.
- Surveying the MSF premise's access and guides people to reception within authorized hours. Contacts administration team for authorizing people Access.
- Watching MSF premises and property's perimeter fence through regular patrols. Remaining on duty until other watchman comes to do a handover, never leaving the post unattended.
- Organizing traffic of vehicles within the premises and directs them in and out.
- Checking that the doors and windows are locked and lights are off when people leave premises. Checking that security lights are working properly and informing line manager of any possible problems.
- Keeping area within MSF premises clean and tidy (ex. empty dustbins, sweep paths, etc.) and performs general maintenance activities of the garden (ex. cut grass, maintain flower beds, prune trees if necessary, etc.).
- Maintaining watchmen's torch and other lighting tools, returning used batteries and keeping the necessary supply of spare batteries. Maintaining communication equipment (radio) in working conditions and providing battery availability.
- Supervising diesel/petrol tank levels and providing spare can(s) of fuel. Ensuring the correct functioning of generator and water pumps (starting, switching off, record sheet of operating hours and maintenance) as well as the correct use of extinguishers (being aware of their location.
- Informing line manager of arrival of any materials before unloading and helping MSF staffs carry heavy items, if necessary.
- Knowledge of Greek and/or French an advantage.
- Previous working experience desirable, with MSF or other NGOs.
- Part time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance.
- Duration: Three Days (3 days/ 8 hours per-day).
- Location: Samos
- Please send your CV in English quoting reference code “WATCHMAN Samos " in the subject line of the e-mail at: MSFCH-Chios-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter