Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Psychologist, to be based in Lesvos, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations.
- Provide psychological and psycho-educational sessions (individual, family and group) to children and their families in MSF Moria clinic according to MSF principles and protocols in order to improve the patients’ mental health. The psychological consultation can be provided in any refugees Camps or in the MSF Clinical Center in Mytilini.
- Carrying MH assessment of patients, establishing a diagnosis and developing congruent and time-limited treatment plan.
- Providing individual/family/group psychological sessions in order to improve/ stabilize the patients’ mental health condition, according to MSF protocols and MSF model of care.
- Providing psychological support, in individual and group session, for children, according to MSF model of care.
- Providing assessment and counseling/psychological support for survivors of sexual violence, according to MSF protocols in close cooperation with the medical team.
- When needed, performing crisis intervention sessions (PFA) to patients with acute MH problems in the clinic.
- Providing joint sessions, according to the multidisciplinary model of care.
- Providing attestation of care letters, as well as MH certificates to patients when appropriate.
- Ensuring active participation in trainings, supervision and team meetings.
- Working in close collaboration with Cultural Mediators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behavior and therapeutic approach.
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities.
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective.
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
- Referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary.
- Education: Essential degree or diploma in Psychology. License to practice as psychologist. Degree in Child Psychology is an asset.
- Essential 2 years’ experience minimum as a Clinical Psychologist. Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries. Desirable previous experience with unaccompanied minors. Desirable previous experience in psychological support for children in individual and group settings. Desirable previous experience in psychological support for sexual violence victims.
- Languages: English language essential, French is an asset.
- Knowledge: Computer literacy essential, Word and Excel.
- Teamwork and cooperation, intercultural sensitivity, flexibility, results and quality orientation, commitment to MSF principles, stress management are essential.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance.
- Location: Lesvos
- Duration: 3 months (high possibility of extension).
- Please send your CV and cover letter in English at the following email address, quoting reference code "Psychologist Lesbos" in the subject line of the e-mail: email@example.com
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Send your Documentation via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference code "Psychologist Lesbos" in the subject line of the e-mail.