Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a
Clinical Psychologist, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
- Provides psychological support to patients according to MSF principles and protocols in order to improve patients’ mental health.
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient's condition.
- Implementing the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions.
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Working in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behavior during sessions.
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities.
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective.
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
- Conducting psychological assessments and/or tests for diagnostic purposes.
- Conducting minors and adults individual and groups sessions.
- Identifying possible victims of sexual and gender based violence and referring them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Education: Essential degree or diploma in Clinical Psychology.
- License to practice in Greece.
- Languages: Mission language essential. Local language desirable.
- Experience: 2 years’ experience minimum as a Psychologist. Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries. Practical experience working with patients (adult and minors of different ages) from different culture backgrounds in a clinical setting.
- Knowledge: Computer literacy essential, Word and Excel l.
- Teamwork, cross cultural awareness and sensitivity, behavioral flexibility.
- Annual gross salary : According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Duration: 3 month (possibility of extension).
- Location: Athens – Daily Care Centre
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code "Athens PSYCHOLOGIST" in the subject line of the e-mail at: MSFCH-Athens-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter