Case Work Supervisor
Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Case Work Supervisor, to be based in Lesvos, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
- Implement and supervise all social-related activities in order to ease the patient’s situation, either through direct support or referrals to specialized actors.
- In close collaboration with the Project Medical Referent and Field Coordinator, design and update the Social Work strategy identifying indicators in order to monitor SW activities, results, and achievements.
- Develop standard procedures for social work referrals and ensure SW team and other colleagues are regularly trained.
- Closely follow-up on legal developments relevant for the asylum seeking population. Organizing regular information sessions for the MSF team on key legal and social issues affecting the patients. Engage with medical supervisors to ensure a good understanding of SW objectives and achievements.
- Identifying key actors (legal and accommodation actors, NGOs and local authorities) and being the focal point for networking in order to ensure a strong referral network and pathways to cover patient’s social needs. Attending relevant coordination and working group meetings, and reporting back to the PMR/FC.
- Organizing, training, and supervising the SW team in terms of planning and organizing their work, supporting, evaluating and coaching of personnel.
- Supervising, in close collaboration with the HR department, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Collecting and reporting to the medical team any information linked to the social/legal situation of the population.
- Essential degree in social work or related field.
- Minimum 1 year working experience in working with asylum seeking/refugee population. Desirable one year experience with MSF.
- Languages: Essential English, desirable (one or more of the following) Greek/French/Farsi/Arabic.
- Knowledge: Computer literacy essential, Word and Excel.
- Teamwork, service orientation, behavioural flexibility, stress management, results and quality orientation, intercultural sensitivity are essential.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance
- Location: Lesvos
- Duration: 3 months (high possibility of extension).
- Please send your CV and cover letter in English at the following email address, quoting reference code "Case Work Supervisor" in the subject line of the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Send your Documentation via email at
email@example.com, quoting reference code "Case Work Supervisor" in the subject line of the e-mail.