Mobile Engineering Lead
- Signal is a group of companies offering products and services in commercial shipping. We combine our deep knowledge of shipping with our passion for applied science, technology and modern management methods.
Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a technology twist. The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet. At the same time, we are leveraging the group's technologies, as design clients, to enable and pursue new business models in shipping.
Signal Ocean is a technology product engineering start-up, developing an ambitious B2B information and decision-support Software as a Service (SaaS) ecosystem for shipping professionals.
Our young and driven teams have grown from an inner core of a founding entrepreneur and key executives, who spent more than ten years running and transforming one of the world’s leading ship management companies. Our differentiating mix is completed by truly world-class strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and software engineers.
Signal Maritime is recruiting a Mobile Engineering Lead,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a twist. A spin-off from Thenamaris Ships Management, a company that has been setting industry standards for approximately 40 years, we aim to bring together shipping best practice with internet-age advanced analytics and management methods.
The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet.
The leadership team comprises the former joint CEO of Thenamaris, the former chartering manager, three other senior ex-Thenamaris executives and an experienced banker, boasting a total collective experience of more than fifty years in ship management at the highest level. The differentiating start-up mix is completed by strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and developers.
- We are looking for a truly formidable mobile developer expert iOS and, ideally, Android skills, who has a proven track record in leading mobile engineering teams.
We’re looking for people who share our passion and belief that the best technology is simple, beautiful, and usable – and that our users deserve the absolute best experience we can build.
We offer the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art technology stacks and a global, financial-technology product vision. We organize our teams using the concepts of Dual-track Agile (Scrum) methodologies and expect candidates to be ready to contribute across product discovery, development, optimization, QA and continuous integration.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven experience (4 years or more) as a Mobile developer; in engineering real-world mobile applications of medium-to-large scope and complexity; B2B and/or FinTech experience welcome.
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App Store (iOS) or the Play Store (Android).
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Knowledge of mobile testing best practices.
- Active interest in reading-up on the latest mobile frameworks and libraries.
- Knowledge of Continuous integration and Continuous delivery methodologies.
- Solid technical design and architecture knowledge.
- A keen eye for interaction design and finishing touches; passion for building intuitive mobile interfaces that present data in compelling ways.
- Speed in understanding business and building working UI (e.g. prototypes).
- Substantial experience with Agile/SCRUM, including extensive experience as SCRUM master.
- Ability to work effectively with remote teams (e.g. experience with Slack).
- Great attitude towards work and people; amazing ability to get stuff done, a sense of urgency and ownership over the product.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Competitive salary and up to 10% or 15% bonus.
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping.
- Fun and well-equipped work environment.
- Our recruitment process typically includes an on-line coding test and up to approx. 4 interviews.
- Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete clauses is expected.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.