Mobile Engineering Lead
Signal Maritime is recruiting a Mobile Engineering Lead,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a twist. A spin-off from Thenamaris Ships Management, a company that has been setting industry standards for approximately 40 years, we aim to bring together shipping best practice with internet-age advanced analytics and management methods.
The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet.
The leadership team comprises the former joint CEO of Thenamaris, the former chartering manager, three other senior ex-Thenamaris executives and an experienced banker, boasting a total collective experience of more than fifty years in ship management at the highest level. The differentiating start-up mix is completed by strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and developers.
- We are looking for a truly formidable mobile developer expert iOS and, ideally, Android skills, who has a proven track record in leading mobile engineering teams.
We’re looking for people who share our passion and belief that the best technology is simple, beautiful, and usable – and that our users deserve the absolute best experience we can build.
We offer the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art technology stacks and a global, financial-technology product vision. We organize our teams using the concepts of Dual-track Agile (Scrum) methodologies and expect candidates to be ready to contribute across product discovery, development, optimization, QA and continuous integration.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven experience (4 years or more) as a Mobile developer; in engineering real-world mobile applications of medium-to-large scope and complexity; B2B and/or FinTech experience welcome.
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App Store (iOS) or the Play Store (Android).
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Knowledge of mobile testing best practices.
- Active interest in reading-up on the latest mobile frameworks and libraries.
- Knowledge of Continuous integration and Continuous delivery methodologies.
- Solid technical design and architecture knowledge.
- A keen eye for interaction design and finishing touches; passion for building intuitive mobile interfaces that present data in compelling ways.
- Speed in understanding business and building working UI (e.g. prototypes).
- Substantial experience with Agile/SCRUM, including extensive experience as SCRUM master.
- Ability to work effectively with remote teams (e.g. experience with Slack).
- Great attitude towards work and people; amazing ability to get stuff done, a sense of urgency and ownership over the product.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Competitive salary and up to 10% or 15% bonus.
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping.
- Fun and well-equipped work environment.
- Our recruitment process typically includes an on-line coding test and up to approx. 4 interviews.
- Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete clauses is expected.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.