MHPSS Clinical Capacity Building Specialist
International Rescue Committee (IRC)
IRC is recruiting a MHPSS Clinical Capacity Building Specialist, to be based in Lesvos, Greece.
- The International Rescue Committee works in Greece from July 2015 responding and providing aid to the influx of refugees and migrants. The IRC’s programming in Greece currently focuses on three key areas of programming on the Greece mainland and Lesvos: Protection, WASH, and Economic Recovery and Development.
- The MHPSS program on the islands of Lesvos and Chios was launched in February and April 2018 respectively, aiming to address the mental health needs of asylum seekers residing at the hotspots of Moria and Vial at a mental health center in the towns of Mytilini and Chios. Both MHPSS teams of Lesvos and Chios currently consist of five psychologists, three caseworkers and three interpreters, a support staff and their Manager. The caseload mostly consists of survivors of sexual violence and/or torture, who present with symptoms of PTSD, depression, disassociation, conversion, anxiety, psychosis, very often in need of psychiatric support. A large proportion of our clients are from sub-Saharan Africa (DRC, Cameroon, Mali, Guinea). Lately demographics of our clients start to shift due to large numbers of new arrivals originating from Afghanistan.
The Mental Health and Psycho-social Support (MHPSS) Clinical Capacity Building Specialist is expected to work with the IRC team on Lesvos and Chios and with other Mental Health actors in order to deliver the following services listed below. The Specialist is expected to work closely to the MHPSS team and manager who are based on Lesvos islands and the Program Coordinator based in Athens. A combination of in person and remote support is considered feasible.
- Assess the clinical capacity of IRC MHPSS staff and develop a tailor made coaching and supervision strategy for each individual.
- Review current training packages used at the field and select/contextualize an appropriate toolkit for training of IRC MHPSS staff in Lesvos/Chios.
Do on the job training as per the needs of each individual:
- Participate if possible in clinical sessions with beneficiaries and staff.
- Conduct supportive supervision sessions with staff, discuss the cases and provide feedback.
- Provide continuous follow up of staff.
- Work alongside the MHPSS Manager in Lesvos as their counterpart and provide on the job training to increase their capacity in delivering their clinical work.
- Upon completion of the consultancy, ensure there is a performance development plan for this position, with actions clearly communicated with the MHPSS Manager and their line/technical manager for follow up.
- Provide recommendations to increase quality of services based on international and national standards.
- Assess the capacity building needs of actors providing Mental Health support to asylum seekers on Lesvos and Chios islands.
- Deliver training relevant to the needs of those actors.
- Report on the capacity building needs that are identified.
- Capacity building plan.
- Report on the training, coaching and supervision sessions describing how the capacity building needs have been met and recommendation on the way forward.
- Contextualized training package for Lesvos.
- The qualified candidate must have an advanced degree (post-graduate) or higher in clinical psychology, psychiatry or mental health counseling with experience in trauma therapy.
- Experience in trauma therapy.
- Understanding of MHPSS programs in emergency/ post-emergency context.
- Demonstrated experience in technical capacity building and mentoring of staff.
- Personal qualities: Team player, culturally sensitive, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in English, written and verbal, Greek is an asset.
- Travel and other requirements: travel to the field and occasionally to other regions; flexible office hours are required due to the complexity of programs.
- Employment Category: Fixed Term.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Indicate the source of this job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις