Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Medical Doctor,
to be based in Lesvos, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
- Provide medical care to patients within the target population (refugees/migrants being victims of torture, violence and/or sexual violence), according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patient’s health condition.
A large proportion of the work is managing mental health related conditions as part of a multi-disciplinary team including a psychiatrist, psychologists and social workers.
- Do medical consultations, apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and treat medical conditions and prevent complications.
- Actively participate in a multi-disciplinary approach between professions.
- Do medical consultations; apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and treat medical
conditions and prevent complications.
- Identification of referrals and communication with referral team to ensure correct referrals.
- Provide rational prescription of medication and ensure together with nursing staff that the patient
receives appropriate treatment.
- Patient education and provision of medical information.
- Provide medical certificates to patients when indicated.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of programme data, checking its validity and informing
the line manager on findings and/or problems, complications or medical error.
- Ensure ongoing training on MSF protocols to MSF staff and if relevant to staff of other organisations.
- Education: Medical Doctor Diploma and licence to practice in Greece.
- Minimum of 2 years medical clinical experience as MD, in General Practitioner work.
- Experience and/or interest in psychiatry and mental health activities.
- Experience in working with vulnerable populations and victims of violence is an asset.
- Languages: Essential English and Greek, desirable French/Farsi/Arabic.
- Knowledge: Computer literacy essential, Word and Excel.
- Teamwork: Teamwork, intercultural sensitivity, flexibility are essential.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary : According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Duration: 3 month (high possibility of extension).
- Location: Lesvos
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code "Medical Doctor Lesvos" in the subject line of the e-mail at: email@example.com.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Send your Documentation via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference code "Medical Doctor Lesbos" in the subject line of the e-mail.