Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Medical Doctor,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
- Provide outpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking that they are understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the patients, their referral to external specialists and hospitals in collaboration with other doctors.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients’ illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Undergo on-going training in order to optimize the quality of care and build up knowledge and capacity for the identification and rehabilitation of VoTs.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team of professionals addressing individual patient needs in a holistic manner.
- Education: Medical Doctor Diploma and licence to practice in Greece.
- Languages: Greek and English essential, French is an asset.
- Experience: 2 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training).
- Knowledge: Computer literacy essential.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations and victims of torture is an asset.
- Teamwork, intercultural sensitivity, flexibility are essential.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Duration: 3 months (possibility of extension).
- Location: Athens.
- Starting Date: Middle of April.
- Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code "MD” in the subject line of the e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter