Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
- Οι Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières/MSF) είναι μια διεθνής, ανεξάρτητη, ιατρική ανθρωπιστική οργάνωση που παρέχει ιατρική φροντίδα σε ανθρώπους αποκλεισμένους από την υγειονομική περίθαλψη, σε θύματα βίας, φυσικών καταστροφών ή ενόπλων συγκρούσεων. Δρα με μοναδικό κριτήριο τις ιατρικές ανάγκες, ανεξάρτητα από φυλετικά, θρησκευτικά ή πολιτικά κριτήρια με στόχο την ανακούφιση του ανθρώπινου πόνου αλλά και την ευαισθητοποίηση της κοινής γνώμης για τις ανθρωπιστικές κρίσεις που μαίνονται στον πλανήτη.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Medical Doctor, to be based in Chios, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
- Provide outpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patient’s/beneficiaries’ health conditions.
- Carry out outpatient consultations with the assistance of our translators and initiate medical treatment when required respecting MSF protocols.
- Inform and educate the patient and/or his/her family about their illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow.
- Follow up the evolution of the patients, their referral to external specialists and hospitals in collaboration with other colleagues or other actors.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care of the quality and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, inform the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients’ illness and monitor the proper functioning of the department.
- Know and ensure that all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, as well as universal precautions.
- Treat, follow up and educate patients with non-communicable diseases, like hypertension, type II diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases, asthma, hypothyroidism and epilepsy. Analyse the rationality for the lab tests and referrals to specialists.
- Assist other departments, like the sexual and reproductive health services, in emergency situations and take the lead in the management of medical emergencies.
- Implement the Travel Medicine activities in Chios as entry point, within the PHC and inform people on the move about this service. Provide medical support with provision of treatment and education for people on the move.
- Ensuring team work and a professional relationship between NCD and other departments.
- Education: Medical Doctor Diploma and license to practice in Greece.
- Languages: Greek and English essential, Arabic , Farsi or Kurdish is an asset.
- Experience: 2-year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work.
- Knowledge: Computer literacy essential.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations and victims of violence is an asset.
- Teamwork, intercultural sensitivity, commitment and flexibility are essential
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary : According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Duration: 3 month (high possibility of extension).
- Location: Chios
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code "Medical Doctor Chios" in the subject line of the e-mail at: MSFCH-Chios-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter