Emergency Response Center International (ERCI)
Emergency Response Center International (ERCI) is recruiting a Medical Coordinator, to be based in Lesvos, Greece.
- Emergency Response Center International (ERCI) is a Greek non-profit organization that provides emergency response and humanitarian aid in life threatening environments.
ERCI’s activities are expanding both in Search & Rescue (SAR)- Refugee Response and educational projects to support youth in refugee camps.
- The Medical Coordinator guarantees that the medical activities implemented through the ERCImed program are in line with ERCI’s strategy, policies and principles. He / she is responsible for every medical aspect of the Program and daily operations of ERCImed’s clinics in the field.
- Leads all medical aspects of the ERCImed program.
- Develops and supervises the policies and SOPs of the ERCImed program.
- Supervises the implementation of ERCImed’s strategy and activities in Lesvos.
- Coordinates and supervises the operations of ERCI’s clinics.
- Represents ERCI in Medical sector meetings.
- Ensures capacity building and training of all medical and non-medical team to improve efficiency.
- Participates in the development of strategy for ERCI’s medical activities.
- Co-operates with the administration team regarding budgeting of medical activities and with the financial team regarding purchasing and dispatching of medical equipment and drugs.
- Serves as the focal person for the medical referents.
- Provides technical advice to the medical team concerning health activities implementation.
- Assesses training needs of medical team (staff and volunteers) and develops / implements a capacity-building plan.
- Identifies the needs of the programme medical staff, drafts their job profiles and validates recruitments from a technical point of view.
- Takes part in performance evaluations of the medical team.
- Ensures the supervision of the pharmacy (consumptions, orders and inventory).
- Ensures coordination and liaising with other medical actors, local hospital, and Municipality.
- In charge of drafting medical references.
- Medical Doctor or Nurse or Midwife with experience in Public health and/or project coordination.
- Significant experience in similar positions (or) in the humanitarian sector.
- Working experience in public health and in managing health welfare in communities.
- Knowledge, competency and skills on public health aspects of Primary Health Care.
- Experience in supervising Health Promotion activities and some basic mental health activities.
- Experience in working with local authorities, partners.
- Written and oral fluency in Greek and English.
- Ability to take quick decisions according to the context in coordination with the team.
- Ability to manage a team and work in an international team.
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives.
- Organizational skills.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Ability to manage priorities.
- Team spirit.
- Capacity to work in tense conditions.
- Potential candidates are requested to send their CV and cover letter in English to the following email address: email@example.com with the Subject «Medical Coordinator».
- Indicate the source of the job vacacny in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Send your Documentation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject "Medical Coordinator".
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις