Medical Coordinator Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
- Οι Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières/MSF) είναι μια διεθνής, ανεξάρτητη, ιατρική ανθρωπιστική οργάνωση που παρέχει ιατρική φροντίδα σε ανθρώπους αποκλεισμένους από την υγειονομική περίθαλψη, σε θύματα βίας, φυσικών καταστροφών ή ενόπλων συγκρούσεων. Δρα με μοναδικό κριτήριο τις ιατρικές ανάγκες, ανεξάρτητα από φυλετικά, θρησκευτικά ή πολιτικά κριτήρια με στόχο την ανακούφιση του ανθρώπινου πόνου αλλά και την ευαισθητοποίηση της κοινής γνώμης για τις ανθρωπιστικές κρίσεις που μαίνονται στον πλανήτη.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Medical Coordinator Assistant (Maternity Cover), to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
- Assist and support the Medical Coordinator in the implementation of the overall medical content, activity and resources in the missions, by assuming some tasks delegated by him/her and giving personal assistance in other specific activities, in order to facilitate the proper medical management of the projects and medical follow-up of the staff in the mission.
- Participating actively in reflections and discussions on the evolution of MSF programs in the mission, contributing with his/her background and experience to the improvement of overall performance, adapting it to the changing reality and context.
- Participating in the collection of medical information (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) and data (epidemiological data, statistics, etc.).
- Supporting project development by answering medical questions from the field, participating in briefings and debriefings of medical staff and replacing temporarily a member of the field team when necessary, in order to keep a smooth functioning of the projects.
- Supporting the medical coordinator, representing MSF in meetings or with different stakeholders. Assisting the Medical Coordinator in the stakeholder mapping (organogram of MoH, etc.)
- Following-up patients referred by MSF field teams to the capital, organizing their transport, setting their further referral to reference facilities previously identified, doing follow-up on the treatment they receive and their evolution, and carrying out the administrative tasks associated, in order to keep special attention to most the complicated or sensitive cases.
- Organizing and managing the central pharmacy in the Mission, managing medical stock, updating emergency boxes, preparing and dispatching medical orders requested by the field, and participating in drawing up international orders and organizing their reception in the absence of a Mission pharmacy manager, in order to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness during the whole supply process.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Carrying out medical follow-up of all MSF national and international staff in application of MSF staff health policies, supervising together with the administrator the medical expenses associated, in order to protect personnel’s health state while keeping close control to the resources required.
- Carrying-out administrative, information gathering and data collection tasks, and regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-taking.
- Carrying out extra tasks, on the request of the Medical Coordinator, (one-off reinforcement for a field team, participation in an evaluation, etc.).
- Participating in the collection of medical information (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) and data (epidemiological data, statistics, etc.) and primary analysis of collected data, when is requested by the Medical Coordinator.
- Monitoring the operational research (OR) activities in the mission and providing the staff with all the necessary information in order to conduct OR in accordance with MSF OR guidelines and meets the MSF standards for research.
- Medicine or paramedical degree essential.
- Knowledge of Epidata or other similar program to obtain useful statistical and epidemiological information desirable.
- Desirable working experience in MSF or other NGO’s.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary : According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Duration: 3 month (high possibility of extension).
- Starting Date: July
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code "Medcoassist" in the subject line of the e-mail at: email@example.com.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter