Medical Activity Manager
Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a
Medical Activity Manager, to be based in Chios, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
- Defining, coordinating and monitoring the medical activities under his/her responsibility according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health condition of the target population.
- Coordinating, assessing and supervising the proper functioning of the medical department (medical doctors, physiotherapists and referrals nurse), according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures and through the correct compilation and analysis of medical data regarding patients’ health conditions. Proactively improving the quality and accuracy of collected data.
- Participating in the development of protocols and guidelines relevant to the medical activities in the project.
- Participating in the definition of annual planning and budget for the project and in the follow up of the project.
- Supervising and ensuring that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved, reporting to the technical referent any problem arising in the service.
- Checking all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (individual card filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers) are carried out correctly and according to MSF procedures.
- Ensuring a smooth cooperation with external actors, including the external pharmacy. Contributing to expanding the projects’ network for medical referrals and pro bono partners. Ensuring follow-up of incoming and outgoing referrals in cooperation with PMR assistant and Referral nurse respectively.
- Preparing the medical orders needed to implement the medical activities under his/her responsibility, and identifying and reporting to the line manager, nonmedical support needs (material, infrastructure, transport, etc.).
- Coordinating and monitoring the daily working plan of the team under his/her responsibility (absent personnel, vacations, tracking leaves ...).
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to improve staff capabilities and to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Participating in the monthly reports according to guidelines (i.e. SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.).
- Education: Medical doctor, Essential professional license.
- Experience: Essential 2 year working experience related to the diploma/degree.
- Languages: Essential Greek and English.
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Previous experience with MSF in the field desirable. NGO experience desirable.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance
- Duration: 3 month (possibility of indefinite extension)
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter