Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) is the world's largest online travel company, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes leading online travel brands, such as:
- Expedia.com®, a leading full service online travel company with localized sites in 33 countries.
- Hotels.com®, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com® Rewards loyalty program.
- Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries.
- Expedia® Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions
- trivago®, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide.
- HomeAway®, a global online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, which also includes the VRBO, VacationRentals.com and BedandBreakfast.com brands, among others.
- Egencia®, a leading corporate travel management company.
- Travelocity®, a leading online travel brand in the U.S. and Canada delivering customer service when and where our customers need it with the Customer 1st Guarantee.
- Hotwire®, inspiring spontaneous travel through Hot Rate® deals.
- Expedia® Media Solutions, the advertising sales division of Expedia, Inc. that builds media partnerships and enables brand advertisers to target a highly-qualified audience of travel consumers.
- Wotif Group, a leading portfolio of travel brands including Wotif.com®, Wotif.co.nz, lastminute.com.au®, lastminute.co.nz and travel.com.au®.
- Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist.
- CarRentals.com™, a premier online car rental booking company with localized sites in 13 countries.
- Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of online and in-market concierge services, activities, experiences and ground transportation in over a thousand destinations worldwide.
- Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, a provider of exceptional value and expert advice for travelers booking cruises and vacations through its network of over 230 retail travel agency franchises across North America.
Expedia Inc. is recruiting a Market Manager, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Expedia, Inc. is one of the largest online travel companies in the world, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world’s leading online travel brands.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury.
- The Market Manager’s primary responsibility is to onboard, develop and maintain a high-quality portfolio of hotel and property products (i.e. relevant, attractive and competitive) for Expedia’s fast-growing global customer base, within their assigned territory.
In doing so, you will also continuously work with Expedia Groups property partners to help them maximize the production potential from their participation in the Expedia marketplace by smartly utilizing the power of Expedia Group’s unique data insights, marketing, distribution and revenue management toolset.
This role is the core on which the Market Management team is based. The team ensure that the Expedia Group brands’ global customers always find the most suitable property for their dream trip wherever they want to go, and that our hotel partners can effectively, efficiently and throughout the year, reach Expedia Group’s full breadth of global traveler demand.
- Consistently using data specific to your market available in Expedient, Expedia’s proprietary market insights and activity prioritization dashboard, and demonstrating local market knowledge, Market Managers will:
- Develop and sustain strong partner relationships by providing relevant data insights and high-quality consulting services to hotel partners (revenue management advice, marketing opportunities).
- Build the portfolio of local hotel partners by introducing prospective partners to Expedia’s marketplace and facilitate their onboarding process.
- Ensure that partner hotels’ products (content, rates and availability) are consistently optimized on the Expedia sites to maximize customer conversion.
- Secure additional lodging rates and availability information over high demand and compression periods to satisfy customers’ pressing needs.
- Secure seasonal deals and promotions within the guidelines set by management to support the brands’ merchandising and marketing efforts.
- Continuously promote and develop hotel partners’ high engagement with Expedia’s full suite of:
- Unique market insights (partner reports, competitive data, key performance drivers).
- Revenue management tools (dynamic promotions, packages, fenced deals, mobile).
- Marketing and merchandising opportunities.
- Specialized brands (e.g. Egencia, Hotwire, Media Solutions) potential opportunities.
- Self-service tools (Expedia Partner Central).
- Represent Expedia in the local market, build Expedia’s company profile with key local influencers (e.g. tourism bureau, hotel association, etc.) and provide expertise to the local industry.
- Provide coaching to colleagues (peers, Associate Market Managers, Market Associates) on standard methodologies.
- Other reasonable duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent.
- 2-5 years’ experience.
- Approximately 20 – 30% of travel for market visits.
- Please note, we also utitlise highly effective video and social technologies that can allow employees to optimize their commitment to travel, communication and collaboration.
Drive for Results
- High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, compassion in relationship, great teammate.
- Hungry, determined, motivated, willing to take action and results-focused.
- Organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details.
- Proven follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize work and be laser-focused on achieving critical targets, goals and/or strategic objectives set by LPS leadership team.
- Relationship builder; earns the confidence of others.
- Bridges and sustains solid partnerships based on mutual support through a reciprocal style.
- Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, data driven decision-making.
- Demonstrates analytical skills.
- Ability to select and present insights, including performance, market and competitor analysis and to implement significant action plans based on the data.
Written & Spoken Communication, Listening and Influencing
- Proficiency in English language skills.
- Presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively; actively listens when spoken/presented to.
- Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels.
Build & Maintain Teams
- Able to work independently as well as be a strong team worker, ensuring the whole team wins.
- Help other team members acquire skills or achieve targets/goals.
- Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.