Manager, Cloud Engineering – Transformation and Initiatives (CXI)
Citrix is recruiting a Manager, Cloud Engineering – Transformation and Initiatives (CXI), to be based in Patras, Greece.
- We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
- As an engineering manager for the Transformation and Initiatives team, you will lead a team that engages in major projects for periods of 3-6 months. These will include large projects where existing capacity or experience is insufficient. Throughout this engagement you and your team will supplement existing teams or seed new ones to design and execute work and drive the project through to completion. In addition to major projects, you will be assisting with transformation of the organization through training, embedding into existing teams, and implementing tools to change the way engineers do their work. This will require a unique ability to adapt to the skillsets required to make the project or transformation successful. Due to the brief engagements, the ability to engage and disengage successfully without leaving a void in the process is important. For all engagements, every cloud engineer is responsible for the availability, scalability, security, performance, cost and compliance requirements of Citrix cloud services.
We need you to
- Become proficient in technologies and subjects quickly and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to drive major projects or initiatives through to completion.
- Have hands-on experience across several technology domains such as: Databases, Development, Networking, Compliance, Monitoring, Security, Kubernetes, Automation, and CICD.
- Be able to engage and disengage from projects such that post-engagement the remaining team can continue to carry on the mission and objectives.
- Have experience, at scale, with building and/or maintaining a multi-tenant software as a service solution.
- Be a technical leader for your team while enabling them to execute at maximum efficiency.
- Attract, retain, and grow a highly productive team to provide ever increasing business value and professional growth.
- Coordinate, collaborate, and influence other leaders in the organization to win together and align with common goals.
- Foster relentless improvement and be a beacon of excellence for our five cloud pillars of trust: Security, Availability, Performance, Compliance, and Cost.
- Have 2+ years of experience managing or leading engineering teams.
- Experienced leader with cloud service delivery and cybersecurity operations background to lead Citrix Cloud Cybersecurity Operations team responsible for 24x7 global delivery of secure Citrix Cloud services.
- Able to work across multiple products to establish effective Cloud Cybersecurity Operations organization.
- Manage and mentor team of Cybersecurity Engineers, Analysts, and SREs on day-to-day duties as well as work with leadership team on strategic initiatives.
- Provide hands-on technical expertise to design, engineer, deploy, and deliver secure Cloud services including driving improvements in technical architecture, standards and processes.
- As a manager, you will be responsible for multiple cloud engineering scrum teams. You will have the technical know-how to provide guidance and could contribute if required. You foster autonomous and empowered teams while providing guidance in the areas of leadership, technical, experience, process, and professional growth. You are your teams biggest advocate: demonstrating realized value through accomplishments, providing transparency to peers and executives, and negotiating initiatives your team can take on to provide more business value. All the while, you maintain an open environment of accountability and promote encouragement, innovation, and experimentation in such a way that you are willing to accept the occasional failure as your team strives towards aggressive strategic initiatives.
You will be successful in this role if you
- Have deep development and/or administration experience in cloud services.
- Remain up to date with upcoming technologies and patterns, always evaluating when they might be ready to leverage to gain an edge in an existing or future project.
- Have had a broad array of experience in software development and modern-day operations.
- Are an expert in multiple technologies and have real-world experience with them.
- Enjoy pushing scalability to the limit with high throughput services.
- Enjoy working with a large variety of services and technologies.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of development, debugging, administration and automation frameworks: C#/.NET, PowerShell, Python, Ansible, etc.
- Have experience with logging platforms and performance metrics.
- Have experience with source control and continuous integration tools: Git/Stash, BitBucket, Jenkins, etc.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.