Machine Learning Software Engineer
Signal Maritime is recruiting a
Machine Learning Software Engineer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a twist. A spin-off from Thenamaris Ships Management, a company that has been setting industry standards for approximately 40 years, we aim to bring together shipping best practice with internet-age advanced analytics and management methods.
The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet.
The leadership team comprises the former joint CEO of Thenamaris, the former chartering manager, three other senior ex-Thenamaris executives and an experienced banker, boasting a total collective experience of more than fifty years in ship management at the highest level. The differentiating start-up mix is completed by strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and developers.
- Signal Ocean is a well-funded (post Series A), AI-powered SaaS start-up in the maritime transportation sector, where technology penetration to date lags industries of similar size. We bring together in-depth sector expertise with world-class applied data science to deliver information and decision support tools to professionals in shipping and related commodity trading industries.
Machine learning is a critical tool in this effort, and as a member of the software engineering team, you will work on building, optimizing, and supporting machine learning systems.
If you are interested in working at the intersection of artificial intelligence/machine learning, software engineering and advanced business analytics and if you have the skills and drive to create and improve novel algorithms, models and, ultimately, technology products that professionals love, then we would love to hear from you.
Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete clauses is expected.
- Masters or Bachelors university degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in developing and debugging in an OO programming language (Microsoft C#.NET will be considered an asset).
- Working experience with machine learning algorithms, data mining or artificial intelligence will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge and an active interest in Design Patterns and SOLID architecture principles.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases (design, administration, tuning) including the use of ORM frameworks.
- Understanding of basic development process and tools (Git, Teamcity, Jenkins, etc.).
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and aggressive delivery timelines; Agile development experience is welcome.
- Proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Competitive salary and up to 10% or 15% bonus (depending on seniority).
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping.
- Fun and well equipped work environment.
- The interview process includes a short quiz to help us better appreciate your knowledge and the way you think.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.